2008 Supra MKIII - Project 1BYDFALT

CACressida

The Cressida Whore!
Feb 19, 2007
Modesto, CA
Ok ok, i love what your doing, but when the hell are you gonna bust out the tons of pix of all the new updates already?! Come on, Inspire me! :)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
buckshotglass said:
This is the thread that keeps me moving. Nice.
YEAH, he's inspired. Now maybe we'll get more than a supramania sticker posted up in his thread...............:biglaugh:

Looking absolutely gorgeous Miguel. I'd love to see some of the chrome strips.............:bowdown:

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
mk3 - thanks.

CACress - That's Jay's job to ask for pics ;)

hero - Let's hope for pics from BSG. I think he's almost done and is just hiding something ;)
I should have pics of the strips soon :D

HatchSex

Ma70
May 5, 2007
Jacksonville, NC
Im poor (only b/c im 17 and in highschool) the supra i bought dosent even have one turbo (i dont care:cry:) and has had a salvage title in the first three yrs it was alive.
Carfax = in a minor accident. Front part of frame bent a bit.
My interior has a yellowish film from the owner before me who smoked (basterd how could he...in a supra? In a mkiv maybe but in a mkiii thats sacreledge).

Well i just want to say that people should pay you to do there cars.
You my friend are more than inspiration...I just dropped in a new 7mge in after reading this build, i know crazy the other one was just fine this one just had less miles. :evil2:
Watch it, Toyota is probably putting a hit out on your friend he will probably not have another chance to ruin perfection. :biglaugh:

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Ok, so I've been super busy, especially now with GTEpowered.com and my personal site, which I've had for about 5 years and never finished :D. That's ok, I'm still getting some work done :D

I think I might roll the car out sometime next month....maybe.

Got the rear diff painted, gas tank is coated, Installed half of the chrome strips, Bumper supports are painted, more and more wires and little insignificant stuff that when you really think about are very significant :D, etc, etc, etc...

I should have pictures soon. And before you know it is ENGINE TIME!!!!

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Ooh how exciting!

While working on it I also had that realization, that I'm quite close to being able to drop that engine in!

All the little stuff really does add up though!

Can't wait for more PICTURES ;)

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Yup, the little things take up the most time, and I'm really into taking care of the little things.

It took 1hr 48min to coat the gas tank. From washing it, prep, coating it, etc, etc, etc to finish and then drying time...2 days. Looks great though...

Did you get the booster all apart then? I know you've been making some good progress on your build.

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Yeah tell me about it, thats what I've been doing with tons of little brackets and most things that go back in the engine bay :biglaugh:

I gave up on the booster, the thing is not coming apart without damaging it, or using tools I don't have!

I still need to look around for some crazy pickup tool that I don't know about, to grab the tape from around the bend, or take the easy way out and get a new one :)

If I took it to a hospital I'm sure they'd have a tool to get it out LOL

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Making progress!

Got the tank coated and installed. The brackets were blasted before painting.
IMG_3969_SMALL.jpg

Got a lot more to do down there yet...

cruisnhard

SM Member
Sep 27, 2007
Waupun, Wisconsin
I just read this whole thing, and WOW!
Your build is amazing. I can only aspire to building a car like this when I get a little older and out of the military. It is car enthusiest like you that keep this great thing going. Also I do get the same thing, people are always telling me, "Why are you spending money on an old car?" I tell them because.

SAWZALL

Aug 31, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
I have sat here at work tonight, and read all 42 pages of this amazing build, and am astonished, at the craftsmanship, dedication, time, and $$$ you have put into this car! I really have enjoyed seeing this car being put back together, with such detail! Thanks for the inspiration, to some of us, that can only dream of being able to complete a build like this:aigo:
SAWZ

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
BHG - There isn't one :naughty:

cruisnhard - Ahhhh, the love for the Supra :D

theKnifeArtist - Hey, watch yourself :biglaugh:

SAWZALL - Thanks. “Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.”
Leon Joseph Cardinal Suenens quotes ( Archbishop of Malines-Brussels 1904-1996)

^^^^ I google that :biglaugh: