2008 Supra MKIII - Project 1BYDFALT

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Orion ZyGarian;1880497 said:
Nice!

How do you know what day the car was made? Do you go by VIN order? I know mine was made this month in 87, but dont know the year

I was actually going by the date it was titled. You got me curious now. I'll call my parts guy as I hear they can see information we don't using the VIN. Sometimes they can even see MM/DD/hour. I'll let you know what I find.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
I talked to my parts guy. According to the database, my car started production Dec/88 and came out Jan/89. It was built in Japan at TMC plant, which I cannot find any details on that plant or where the supras were built. I've been searching the web for hours, but can't find anything indicative of where the Supras were built.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Supraholics;1881060 said:
I talked to my parts guy. According to the database, my car started production Dec/88 and came out Jan/89. It was built in Japan at TMC plant, which I cannot find any details on that plant or where the supras were built. I've been searching the web for hours, but can't find anything indicative of where the Supras were built.

So he cant tell you any more than the door sill badge can, eh? It'll tell you the month it was made in, and I believe all JT2 Toyotas were made in the Toyota City, Japan plant. Which, back then, was pretty much all of them.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
pbsupra90,

ROFL! That's actually THE COLOR of my dash... no "changes" or "special lighting"... mostly all compliments of HKS and their piggy-back array of Electronic Alphabet Soup! (HKS EAS! :biglaugh: )

...not everyone is as ammused by this as I am, however... can't imagine why not!?;)

-crisp

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Hey Crisp - While I have you here - There's prob no one else in this world with the exception of HKS themselves that would know more about Supra HKS devices SO here's a question for ya!

The HKS EAC I got from Dan appears to be for 88- cars because the plug has two more cables than the chassis plug so it doesn't fit. Is there a way around this or I'd have to find one that's 89+?

And while I'm here... let me post a little update...

I'm almost done with the interior. There's a few things that I still need to put together before I can say its done, but getting there. Ran the battery cables, amp, radio, alarm, trunk release cables, etc and did a pretty nice job. I was happy about the outcome - Took me a while!

Here's a sneak peek of the direction I'm taking with the interior. Sorry for the crappy phone pics.

IMG_3746_SMALL.JPG

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
Supraholics;1890679 said:
Hey Crisp - While I have you here - There's prob no one else in this world with the exception of HKS themselves that would know more about Supra HKS devices SO here's a question for ya!

The HKS EAC I got from Dan appears to be for 88- cars because the plug has two more cables than the chassis plug so it doesn't fit. Is there a way around this or I'd have to find one that's 89+?

p1890686_1.jpg

p1890686_2.jpg

p1890686_3.jpg

p1890686_4.jpg

p1890686_5.jpg

p1890686_6.jpg

p1890686_7.jpg

p1890686_8.jpg

p1890686_9.jpg

p1890686_10.jpg

Hmmm... not sure if I can answer your questions, but here are a few shots of the EAC-T Suspension System manual ('86~'88) and my car is an '89 with this installed.

Does that help at all?:confused:

-crisp

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Wow I didn't realise there were two different HKS TEMS controllers. You should be able to just re-pin it into the correct connectors to make it work.
The only thing I knew about was that you had to provide power to a loose wire on the unit to make it work.
You should be able to sort this one out without sourcing another one, they are hard enough to find let alone a brand new one.
Probably what you need is to be able to take pics of the plugs on the 89+ version so you can compare
Are all the plugs different in the Pre-89 chassis?

BTW that pic looks great, I 'm really keen to see more, especially of your battery install

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Here's a pic below:
HKS_EACT_plug.JPG

The left plug is from the HKS EAC-T and as you can see, it has 2 extra wires (blue & green) as shown with a red rectangle. I could cut the plug to make it fit, but I don't know if those 2 wires affect anything. Also shown by the red small arrows, the body receiving plug has three missing pins, but yet the HKS EAC-T has them.

I'm thinking that I might have to find an 89+ one, which would be quite a task!

Thoughts?

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
I've never actually checked mine... and car is in storage. Since it IS an 89 and I believe early EAC, I may try to get at it and check, get a picture...

(Have to leave house 4:45am for kids State soccer a couple hours away tomorrow! DOH!)

...it'll have to wait a day or two... at least.

-crisp

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
There will be a way to make it work. I notice some empty pins on the body connector, how many actual pins are there in total on the TEMS connectors and the body connectors?

The other option is to hardwire it. The TEMS controller harness you will notice is mostly just bridging the wires between the kick panel and the body plug, there are only a handful of wires that actually run to the control unit which would have to be connected to the body if you hardwired, you could probably do it with a deutsch connector

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
I have successfully installed the HKS EAC-T. I was looking at the wrong plug - Duh!.

I also finished installing the 91-92 speaker pods with proper Toyota terminals - Thanks Jeff Lange!

Soldered, heat shrink, and all...
IMG_0895_SMALL.jpg

IMG_0896_SMALL.jpg

Both Door panels are now in place. I tested the speakers and they sound ok. However a new issue has risen - I shave the key cylinders off my door handle and thus removed the cylinders. Well, apparently the door locking system needs the sensors within the lock cylinders to work properly because now my locks don't work. Sooo, I'll either have to amend that from the circuit somehow or reinstall the sensors somehow. We'll see...

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
I just finished my ignition control box for the engine Start/Stop Push button. I wanted an acronym for it, but wasn't sure what to use. I just thought since Toyota uses their name in acronyms such as TEMS, Toyota Electronically Modulated Suspension, I figured I could use my name in it as well.

I asked my wife what I should call it to which she replied - well what does it do? I said that it was for my ignition. So she says name it MIB - Miguel's Ignition Box! hahahahhaha. I couldn't stop laughing for a minute! LOL.

Anyways, enough typing...here are a pic.
IMG_3846_SMALL.jpg

This is a direct Plug-n-Play device I made and replaces the key cylinder switch. This device will work along with my alarm system, so no keys at all. I tested it and short of starting the engine (which there isn't one at the moment) it worked perfectly.

Now however, I have a problem with my headlights. They aren't working properly. They aren't synchronized with each other and aren't opening or closing where they should be. I'll have to check TSRM unless someone knows what the issue is - If so, let me know please.

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
MIB! I like it, Miguel!

...heck, I dare not even MENTION the Supra or anything technical about it around MY wife! DOH!

-crisp

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
^^^hahahaha

I got the headlights fixed. Turns out, I installed the arm at the wrong angle. Now I have an issue with my power door locks. I had to take the door panel off :: angry :: to check continuity and voltages. Pisses me off after I assembled the damn panels. spent a couple of hours doing that tonight. Will pick up on that next week.

I have been playing with V.I.K.T.O.R though - Preeetty cool!