Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
crisp;1380676 said:
:aigo::aigo::aigo::aigo::aigo:

Are you SERIOUS MIGUEL???

Hope everything is alright in your life... as it usually takes an act of God or some emergency or HUGE shift in life priorities, etc... for something like this to happen!:icon_surp

My hope is that you are joking or your critical situation will resolve itself and you can withdraw that statement ASAP...

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me that you are okay... and your car dream is intact.:cry:

-crisp

I didn't say which car did I? :biglaugh:

I was hoping to play this game for at least a day, but after seeing your sincere post, I couldn't go through with it...

I'm perfectly fine in any way, shape or form, (except time, seems like I need more of that) and I sincerely appreciate the care! Thanks!

Its been quite a few months since I last touched my car or any parts related to it... I think since March - when I got my engine... I've been extremely busy. Reason why I rarely browse SM anymore... or post updates :nono:

I will now be dedicating Wednesdays (or some of them) as my Black Supra Wednesdays and continue to do some work and hopefully have it done this year....maybe :biglaugh:

Below is a pic of my engine... again, Not the 2.5JZ dry sump, ITB, Revving monster I wanted to do, but this one should do for now.

Quick longblock Breakdown:
CP pistons .40 over
Eagle rods
ARP hardware all over
Polished & ported head & 3 angle job
Full Rotation balanced crank and rods
blue-printed...etc...

I haven't done any detailing to the engine what-so-ever. It should look a bit different when I'm done with it, but I'm not giving away too much info :biglaugh:

Sorry for the crappy phone image...

mysupraengine.jpg

P.S - The PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE part made me feel REALLY bad, don't do that again!:biglaugh:

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Supraholics;1380701 said:
P.S - The PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE part made me feel REALLY bad, don't do that again!:biglaugh:

DOH!

You really got us... ESPECIALLY ME! But I'm THRILLED that it was a gag! From Spider Infestations to Divorce, theft, financial distress and accidental destruction... the occasional fate of a supra unbecoming is NEVER something to be lightly taken!;)

It was more emotional for me (obviously, your emotion being a "tee-hee" moment!:biglaugh:) and MINE an extension of empathy monumental... just knowing what great labor of love hath made home to your efforts thus far as evidenced by every update and image we've shared in.

...gotta tell 'ya, that MOTOR is just AWESOME looking! Those look like covers I ALMOST snagged in an offering in here! Where have I seen those!

PHEW! I'm still a little shaken from my first fears. Tell you what, I won't ask triumphant trios of PLEASES if YOU don't EVER do that again!;)

-crisp

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Supraholics;1380701 said:
I haven't done any detailing to the engine what-so-ever. It should look a bit different when I'm done with it, but I'm not giving away too much info :biglaugh:

Ah for a nominal fee, I however CAN give away, unless Miguel makes a higher counter offer :biglaugh:

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
I guess there are a few things I've done and haven't posted pictures about yet...

Here's the CPS without detailing it... Again sorry about the crappy phone image, my camera broke :nono:

IMG_0530_SMALL.jpg

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Supraholics;1381276 said:
I guess there are a few things I've done and haven't posted pictures about yet...

Here's the CPS without detailing it... Again sorry about the crappy phone image, my camera broke :nono:

Looks good Miguel! The one thing that doesn't fit is the socket head cap screws. They are designed for a counter bore. ;) I would suggest using a button cap instead and looks cleaner. (IMO)

Duane

All-Trac

Jan 1, 2009
Arizona
Supraholics;1381276 said:

IMG_0530_SMALL.jpg

beautiful! i love how every single part on your car is cleaned and shiny! cant wait to see ehr done. great work!:icon_bigg

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
upgradedsupra;1381283 said:
Looks good Miguel! The one thing that doesn't fit is the socket head cap screws. They are designed for a counter bore. ;) I would suggest using a button cap instead and looks cleaner. (IMO)

Duane

So fussy lol, when I got mine in the mail first thing I thought of was you lecturing me about the socket head screws. I think in that application they look OK as there is a raised section next to them, but I am going to try button head ones now just for you :icon_razz

I am yet to test fit my ARZ CPS cover. Now that Miguel has painted his CPS body black I guess he has a patent on that design so I will just have to polish my CPS body to match the ARZ cover

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
zambini;1380931 said:
permission to use this in my sig?

Of course!;)

HKS_TRD;1381468 said:
So fussy lol, when I got mine in the mail first thing I thought of was you lecturing me about the socket head screws. I think in that application they look OK as there is a raised section next to them, but I am going to try button head ones now just for you :icon_razz

I'll sport the one's you got now!:biglaugh:

-crisp

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Still have a few things to cover but getting there... Again sorry for the phone pics, but still don't have a camera.
IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

P.S - Damn! I got a nice tan going on :biglaugh:

I have a new found appreciation for the people who work in audio and have to do this all the time, especially if they are doing it right... I really like how it came out and might not use door panels anymore :love:
IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

This is one of the fender liners. They were painted to match the car. It was done at the same time the car was painted, but I've never posted pics here so I figured I'll throw one in here...
IMG_0576.jpg

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Hmmm

that dynamat stuff looks interesting, maybe I should do my engine bay with that stuff rather than painting it.

Its not clear in the pics, but have you not used the washers on the CPS bolts? :nono:

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
HKS_TRD;1388845 said:
Hmmm

that dynamat stuff looks interesting, maybe I should do my engine bay with that stuff rather than painting it.

Its not clear in the pics, but have you not used the washers on the CPS bolts? :nono:

I didn't use the gasket either :biglaugh: I was just test fitting it...

I don't think sound deadner material would be good for your engine bay...