2008 - A Terrible year...

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
New job, new place, new guns. I made some new friends.
I don't love the job, but it pays more and cost of living is less here, and the overall location and weather are better.
This year did start with an end of communication between me and my family, on new years eve to be exact, and is still in effect. They don't even know where I live - just that I do not live in the house where I used to [which was 15 minutes from theirs]. I'm still debating on whether this is a good or bad thing.
A good friend of mine separated from the Marine Corps, so not only is he "safe", but he also got a good job an hour away from here. The job is something that I am qualified for and is in my realm of experience, so there is the possibility that I might get an even better paying job doing something I actually like. Along with that job may come the stipulation of "clean shaven", so there is another negative.
Overall I've had ups and downs, but it's been more positive than negative for me.

Dan McBoost

I don't roll stock whips.
Apr 17, 2005
Supratown NY
www.mcboost.com
With the past passing of my parents, how could life get worse.

Although things were going fantastic this year....

This is about my cousin Shawn. Don't take "cousin" lightly. He was my BEST friend since my birth (always was). My mom and his mom were best friends and his mom married my mom's brother (all this before we were born). From playing in the same play pen, to going on every family trip together. He was the closest thing I had to a brother and often called "brothers from another mother".

About 16 years ago was forced into the army and was over in Germany until the war in Iraq. He was then shipped over there for too long. He did finally come "home" to the USA a couple years ago, but was stationed away. Had to go back to Iraq one more time. Finally home for good, his time was more than served. We did get to meet up when we went to the big car shows in the northeast (we were *always* into cars).

So over this past summer we are both 34 years old and supposed to meet again at Englishtown raceway just like usual. A week before the show, I was informed that he passed away.... in front if his 13 year old son. Words can not describe how destroyed I am.

Shawn and I in the play pen:
shawn_dan_in_the_crib.jpg

A few years later at my birthday party. I have the firehat on (woot!), he is wearing the multi colored shirt:
scan_024_copy.jpg

On vacation in NYC with my parents:
shawnandiinNYC.jpg

fast forward a lot.

Shawn and his son last year at the same show. Shawn in the blue shirt, his son in the black shirt with the hat on:
IMG_0722_copy.jpg

There will be no more photos of him. Shawn, you will always be so very missed...

Who do I have left these days? Thank god for my Girl..

Last edited:

slidebabyslide

Starting FRESH !!!!
Dec 17, 2006
salinas,california
americanjebus;1193972 said:
I blew up my engine the weekend before school started and havent had time to even dig into the bay to find out wtf happened to this day.

same with my car. i had to drop one of my classes can't work and have like 8 hours of homework every night. one of my friends died in a motorcycle accident.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
The good and the bad both rolled in for me. I had a nice relationship of 8 months, that ended when she attempted suicide and almost succeded, had I not called 911, and been back at her appartment in 5 min when it should have taken 15. I made it to TX08 and had a blast, along with making it to I.O.N. for the 2nd year running, and over thanksgiving I was in germany and italy. My single from twin conversion has been at a standstill for most of the year (I managed to pull 2 studs from the twins). It was my father's 1st birthday this year, after he died and was revived last year. My mother found out that she was 1 of 14 when she was looking for her birth parents. Classes are going decent at best, but I am getting fucked over by group projects (like always). Ehh, I am still alive, still have a job and am not in debt.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I cannot complain. Myself and all who I'm close to are healthy and happy. My job, although I don't enjoy it much, pays me very well, has great benefits. I've been with my girl for almost 4 years now with no signs of turning south, she's the best. I've got everything I need. I can only hope that things stay this way for me, and get better for those of you who aren't quite as fortunate as I feel that I have been this year.

Dan McBoost

I don't roll stock whips.
Apr 17, 2005
Supratown NY
www.mcboost.com
Wow, this topic is just filled with terrible stories. Quite depressing. Although I lost a best friend, it seems that many of you had it really bad. Just looking back on what my mom went through with her short battle with cancer reminds me of how hard this is for some of you above.

I just wanted to let you know I read all of the above and I feel for for guys/gals too.

For the ones with good news you may want to chime in. It just may give a bit of hope to those that need it.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Year was all right. Lots of positives and negatives. I was able to travel a decent amount this year like I want. Took a big hit financially through with my 401k (even though I'm 30 years from retirement, still hurts) and spending all my saved money on my celicas(going from 12k in the bank to 750 sucks). Switched projects at work and switched my work schedule (work nights, 3pm - 1am 10% more cash, but less time with friends, etc). The jobs ok, not as good as the last project though. Now only if I could hit that lottery this year would be grand, But so far just ok.

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
Horrible year. Got out of the marines moved to nh. Moved to ct.

Worked at a place I used when work at when I was a kid. I rented an inlaw appt and garage from my boss.

Snapped my supra bellhousing in half. Right after that I have several thoudsand in the bank. Bought a new supra.

That supra caught fire on the way home. When I get home my boss tells me I'm laid off. (Knowing I was emptying my bank account for a new car, wouldn't ya think tthey would said aaaaa don't do that buy a beater or something) so the car catches fire. I get stuck with it. I say fuck it and begin ripping it a apart.

Now I have never had a hard time finding a job....ever. It took me 4 monthes. That sucked. 4 friends died in iraq. My brother finally got back from iraq for good.

Had the motor on the supra fully built replaced everything and sunk myself into debt. Finally got a job and the boss was the biggest asshole ever.
Then the day after I finally work out the wiring kinks and get the car running some asshole steals it while I'm at work. I get it back intact thank god 2 monthes later. But I get stuck witht the tow and storage bill.

I fixed everthing and drove it for 3 weeks before I parked it for the winter. Then my friend commited suicide beacause of the guilt he put on himself for blaming my other friends fatal motorcycle accident on himself.

Lanlord moved my stuff out of my room out of the in law apt. Into a glorrified hallway.
I am finally now catching up with bills and looking into gettin a nice appt jan 1st.

Beacause her sick dad is coming home. So I go from renting an in law appt with garage. To a room that barely fits my bed, has no door, and you have to walk through it to get to another part of the house. For the same rent price.

Then my sister has a susprise baby that is not her husbands who is my best friend.

I did switch jobs and love my new shop. I am doing great in school. My brother got outta the army. The supra waiting for me in spring,I have an impreza for the winter which should be fun. I think that's my year.

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
my 2008 started in sept of 2007. wiht a seperation, and a pretty nasty wreck.
jan foud me in foreclosure, didn't think my estranged wife woud have sunk so low to steal the mortgage money.
and the economy came apart. i'm making a fifth of what i was a year ago.
my parents have decided to sue for custody of my daughter(from my ex, not me, but its still stressful)

2009 ain't looking too good either, but i still have my health, so i'll survive...

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
Lol I have had my motor at my machine shop since may. Still crrossing my fingers to get it back within the month.

Baught an over priced and incredibly sexy 06 GTO.

And the icing on the cake, was told i got cancer on halloween.