2008 - A Terrible year...

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
has 2008 sucked ass for anyone else?

i mean, i am quite fortunate despite the bad things around on around me, and i am thankful for that.

i had a lot of fun this summer and made a shit ton of money and got into my four year school

but, among other things im probably forgetting to mention:

my father was diagnosed with colon cancer (he just had surgery and everything went very well)

a good friend of mine who had a 2 year old daughter commited suicide by throwing her self infront of a train.

my friends 7 year old brother died from some type of internal bleeding that the hospital he was rushed to failed to take care of.

another friend of mine was just locked up for a minimum of 7 years

a good friend of mine crashed his supra due to some ass hole cutting him off.

a bunch of girls decided to try to ruin my current relationship for no real reason

this year, despite the good shit that has been going on, has been terrible.

and im currently broke as fuck.

anyone else have a fucked up 2008?

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
In February, I went to study abroad in Germany for 6 months (very cool!), but then while there, my dad got a new job in California, and my parents packed up and moved there while I was abroad.

All my stuff, home, car, everything had to be moved around and stored while I was gone, and when I got back, I don't have a home or place to put it. Right now I'm in the college dorms and have my stuff piled up at at least 5 different friend's houses. (Including the Supra in 92nsx's yard)

It's been super stressful, and right after I got back, my girlfriend left to go study in Europe for the fall semester, so I won't have seen her from Feb to December. Fucking sucks....

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
emiliorescigno;1193864 said:
It's been super stressful, and right after I got back, my girlfriend left to go study in Europe for the fall semester, so I won't have seen her from Feb to December. Fucking sucks....

hate to be a downer but kiss her goodbye.

if you still have some faith in your relationship surviving, get as much ass as possible until she gets back.

just kidding good luck.

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
orlando/ New Smyrna Beach FL
well just to start things off... both of my grandparents died within a month of each other and my mother had breast cancer (shes better now) and my dad currently going through radiation for prostate cancer. this is only the really bad things on my list of things for the year. my year was really shitty all around

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
I blew up my engine the weekend before school started and havent had time to even dig into the bay to find out wtf happened to this day.

Mom is getting surgery, dad is getting surgery.

retaking calc II.

But i'm alive, healthy aside from some sleep deprivation and 10 extra lbs on me. Parents are alive and kicking, and my bro is on track for college along with my kid cousin.

So all in all, nothing to really bitch about. I'm sure there's been good in the year to outweigh the down sides for everyone on here.

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
Yeah 2008 blows.
Good friend died of kidney cancer,two weeks later another good friend found out she had breast cancer.
My baby's momma ate a whole bottle of zanax bars in an attempt to kill herself.
Paint shop I worked at for better part of ten years closed it's doors,along w/the rest of the local RV industry dieing this summer.
After 12 years I finally quit smoking weed at Christmas time last year.Been in jail for weed 3 times this year,(one of the charges was in MI,the day I was "arrested" for it in MI,I was on vacation in New Jersey)$1500 for a lawyer to find out somebody used my identity when they got busted.The other 2 were in IN,1st one my "friend" stuffed his bag under my pass seat,I got charged with it because it was MY vehicle.2nd one was in a borrowed car,got pulled over and searched and they found a roach under the console so back to jail for me.
My cressida was broke into,when they yanked my cd player out of the dash they shorted the power wire on a bracket under the dash,fuse never blew,caught harness on fire and burned all wires/hoses off driver side of the engine compartment.
My pitbulls 6th birthday he took off after a deer from my back yard,him and the deer got creamed by a semi.
So I say 2008 has been,by far,the worst year of my life.Hopefully '09 has a lot better in store for me.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
It has sucked, but I am not going to complain. I am healthy, my bf is healthy, and our surprise daughter is healthy.

It seems that everyone I have spoken with lately has had a tumultuous year and is looking forward to 2008 being over.

GotBoost?

I do
Nov 25, 2005
By My Computer
I'm sorry to hear of you all's misfortunes, trials and tribulations. I was saddened yesterday to find out a friend committed suicide Friday (day after Thanksgiving), leaving 4 distraught children and husband. Also on Thanksgiving, my brother got dumped by his wife, which greatly pains me for them and their 13 year old child. But I'm very fortunate and blessed that my job is going well, wife and beautiful children are all in good health and lack for nothing, and I didn't get me any tickets this year, either.
I realize there's always something sucky waiting to happen to anyone at anytime. The trick is to make wise choices, stay positive and be stronger than anything life throws at us, and let's not forget things can always be worse. Remember that life, family and friends are precious and priceless. I really wish all of you the very best of life in 2009, and let's not take anything or anyone for granted.
Peace out.

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
Yeah, 2008 sucked for us, too.

Normal beginning of the year activity – we go to this HUGE outdoor, all-day-long concert called Earthday Birthday. We didn’t make it this year, due to money. This would have been our 5th year. Really pissed me off that in the past, we have paid for our friends to go, and just let them pay us back for it later, and they didn’t return that favor to us this year. So next year – they can pay their own friggen’ way. I’m so beyond tired of being nice to people.

Then, in March, we found out about Doward’s arrest warrant.

That turned into him getting arrested in June, which led to me working 3 jobs, and averaging about 80 to 90 hours of work each week, and little to no sleep (I think during that time I averaged about 4 hours of sleep per day). Landed me in the hospital with the world’s nastiest anxiety attack, and a prescription for Xanax. Which I find I don’t particularly care for. Also wasn’t so great, since I can’t take them at work if I have another attack. Does me a lot of good, right?

Since he got out just before August, we have spent the last 4 ½ months catching up on all of our bills. Managed to get one car repossessed, over a bank error that we got fixed, but still cost us almost $800 to get the car back. My car almost got taken as well, for lack of payments being made during this time.

At this point, we have caught up on the household bills, but we are still up to our ears in credit card debt. Christmas is going to be difficult, especially since Doward has already bought himself whatever it is he needs in the garage, and I'm having a hard time getting anything for him that he won't know about until then.

Things are starting to look up now, so I’m hoping beyond hope that they will stay decent through the last month of this year. It has been the year of Murphy’s Law for us – whatever CAN go wrong, HAS. Maybe next year will be better…that is all I am asking for at Christmas.

And maybe my Kahr K9. :love:

Oh, and let's not forget my best friend finding out that her soon to be ex-husband got the kids taken away from him while she has been living with her mom, and never bothered to let her know. She found out 3 days after they were taken from him, when she called to find out how Halloween had gone. So now she is in this HUGE battle with DCF, and traveling back and forth to NC to try to get things straightened out, so she can keep her children. Jason (the soon to be ex) decided to video tape their 3-year-old son fighting another little boy (who had apparently been picking on him for some time), then posted the video on the internet. He's in the military, you would think he would have at least 2 capable brain cells, but it appears not.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
savannahashlee;1194218 said:
I am alive... Its always a banner year when I'm still kicking..

Everyday above ground is a good day! ;)

2008 could have been better and could have been a hell of a lot worse. As much as I feel sorry for myself sometimes, I'm rather blessed. 2002 was by far the worst year for me. My family had to watch my mother slowly die of cancer for over 9 months.

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
I feel like an ass for my earlier post, since the real kicker for my year has been my father.

During all of the before-mentioned drama, my father has been incredibly ill. We thought, right around September, that he was not going to live to see his birthday in October. He is paralyzed from his chest down, has been for 23 years now. He is constantly battling infections and bed sores, from not being able to get out of bed - Dr. Ordered Bed Rest for 3 years running now. When he does get up, he is weak and exhausted after only an hour or so. Transferring from the bed to the chair takes a lot out of him nowadays.

Anyway, in a matter of days, he got a really nasty infection, then pneumonia, and then his kidneys shut down. Every day was an anxious one for my mother and I. He pulled through, got rid of the pneumonia, and his kidneys finally started working again after about 3 weeks of dialysis.

However, the doctor told him last week that they need to put him back in the hospital again, since he has another infection. This time they are talking long-term care, like nursing home kind of long term.

So I guess I retract my earlier statement of just wanting the next year to go well, and say my biggest wish for the next year is to continue to have my father around. I told him that he isn't allowed to die until I can make him a grandfather, so I'm hopeful he'll be around for awhile longer.

greg88

May 14, 2005
Lowell, Arkansas, United States
Everything went pretty good for me. I lost my temper and acted like an asshole a few times... lesson learned, I guess.

I passed a Salvation Army bell ringer today and asked how he was doing. He said "Its truly a blessing to be among the living!" It seemed really deep and insightful at the time.

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
2006-2007 were my worse years.. I lost 6 family members from January 9th,2006 with my mother to my cousin in October 2007... Only blessing in that year, was my son was born June 25th,2006 :) Though he was suppose to be born on June 6th,2006.. He felt it was a little obvious for the omen to be born that day.. He's currently "under cover"

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
2008 I think has been the worst year of my life thus far. I'm definitely not going to get into why...

I think 2006 was the most amazing year ever for me. Nothing to complain about, and I don't really know if it could have been any better.

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
Ive been laid off twice just this summer!! well job A(a fancy rich people restaurant) closed up shop, But job B laid me off. Now im 22 and working at dunkin donuts!! But im just gonna stick it out till i can find something better

One of my friends, with 2 young kids and a husband, died of cancer a few weeks ago, But i knew it was coming by the way she was acting and im sort of glad for her cause she was in a ton of pain and could barely walk or talk by the end

But even besides that, dwelling on bad stuff will never get you anywhere. Maybe if i had worked harder and made the food just a little bit better, or proved myself to my boss i was worth it through hard work, i may still have either job. But what can you do now? Just keep going and be glad YOUR ok(if you are)

Last edited:

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Cheer up peoples, we only have 3 more years of hell anyway. :)

12/21/12 better not disappoint, LMAO

and yes, 2008 has sucked for me pretty much.

Last edited: