1jz water to air and 6265 question

sk6471

Quietly Lurking
May 28, 2005
Texas
88supraTT;1284868 said:
If your saying IJ's turbo could not produce the power it did being it can flow the air meant for 600 hp at the crank then he would be pumping alot of hot air, driving his intake/ liquid cooler temps sky rocketing.

No, I was noting that unlike PWR's pie in the sky hp ratings Garrett obviously underrate their GT turbos. Ian couldn't make more than 480rhp with that intercooler because that is all it could flow. It doesn't mater if it was 6 feet long and had the capacity to cool 200 lb/min of air, if it can't flow more than 60 lb/min of air through it, that is going to be your limiting factor. Period.

I'm not trying to be negative about this. I like your setup and I hope it will work for you. It should definitely work for the stock twins until you decide what turbo you want. If you decide to limit yourself to a turbo that makes 450rhp and gives you immediate spool then this setup will work. If you decide to go bigger, with a FFIM, it's just too cheap and easy not to use an A2A China intercooler. Even that requires some forethought and planning since the factory bumper blocks half of the airflow and limits space to mount it.

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
i understand what your saying and not trying to prove anything, i just want people to have as much information as possible so they don't end up doing what i did and assuming that it is rated for 650 hp, then find out after buying and installing it that it can't support the power it is advertised at. I'll mess around with it for now and let people know how it turns out :)

Last edited: