1jz pulling/retarding timing like crazy!!

slapsticksammy

Feb 25, 2014
San Antonio
Check each pin and make sure they are tight and not loose. I spent weeks figuring out why my car would only run on 3 cylinders to come and find out that the pins where loose and making intermittent contact

slapsticksammy

Feb 25, 2014
San Antonio
Let me clarify, check each pin by pushing the male end into the female end. You will have to Depin something to use for the check. The male pin should push in with some resistance, if not it's likely loose.

Deceptik1

May 24, 2008
SoCal
Did you ever resolve this? I pretty much have the same issue on my 1j sc300 single with precision 6176 with same mods when I try to boost over 15psi (wastegste is currently set at at 14). Only time I can increase my psi without timing being retarded is by increasing my fuel pressure. I also have the 3k rpm lean spot that I have to add a bunch of fuel to with the SAFC. I'm going away from 440s and will have ID1000 with EMU black standalone. I'm tired of stock ecu behaviors.

toy4speed

May 18, 2011
Fremont, CA
Late to the party, but I had a somewhat similar mystery, 1jz single turbo rev nice to about 4500 rpm, then stutter, sometimes can rev past through the stumble, but still bothered me. Turns out my knock sensor system was kicking in too early. I'm using a SDS standalone, so I decreased the knock sensor sensitivity and all good now!