1J Not starting (No fuel)

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
I need the C1 connector pin out for a 88 supra. I need to know what does what, but i cant locate it anywhere. i've searched all my brain can give me.

suprastanger507mgte;1150911 said:
c1 - 1 = EFI Relay (1st connctor (2F) - 5 ) under engine bay fuse box - Black/Yellow

c1-2 = EFI Relay ( 2F-8 ) - Black/Orange
c1-4 = EFI Relay (2f-2) - Black/Red

c1-3 = White =
C1-5 = White/Black =

C1-6 = Blue/White = comes from A/C Water Temp SW # 2

location of 2-f :
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=18

And the wires :
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=19

Ok, i wired my C1 connect CORRECTLY to the EA2.

Here is my problem now, the EFI fuse is getting power, the relay and resister is getting power, the injector clips are getting power, the fuel pump is NOT getting power.

I ran a wire from the blue/black wire off of the Fuel pump relay to the positive terminal (recommended by my friend to try) and the fuel pump and injectors come alive!...

What could be causing this?

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
OneJArpus;1150983 said:
I need the C1 connector pin out for a 88 supra. I need to know what does what, but i cant locate it anywhere. i've searched all my brain can give me.

Ok, i wired my C1 connect CORRECTLY to the EA2.

Here is my problem now, the EFI fuse is getting power, the relay and resister is getting power, the injector clips are getting power, the fuel pump is NOT getting power.

I ran a wire from the blue/black wire off of the Fuel pump relay to the positive terminal (recommended by my friend to try) and the fuel pump and injectors come alive!...

What could be causing this?

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75901&highlight=wiring+diagram

I might try this.

Jump the diag box and see if this works.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
ok did the 12v mod with a 20amp fuse that keeps blowing.... i checked the EA2 connector and pin # 2 & pin # 5 = EFI, no juice any time. Question, do i keep the resister plugged in when doing the 12v mod?

EFI fuse in the fuse box is getting power

Where should i start looking? I had a jumper harness for my body plugs and my C1 connect i followed the pinout and the color code of the wires to the T.

C1-1 - BY - wired up to the EA2 Pin # 1 - Getting power all the time, with out the key in the ignition
C1-2 - BR - wired up to the EA2 Pin # 2 - no juice - not getting power unswitched or switched
C1-4 - BO - wired up to the EA2 Pin # 5 - no juice - no getting power unswitched or switched

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

C1-1 = EFI Relay (1st connctor (2F) - 5 ) under engine bay fuse box - Black/Yellow
C1-2 = EFI Relay ( 2F-8 ) - Black/Orange
C1-4 = EFI Relay (2f-2) - Black/Red
C1-3 = White = What is this?
C1-5 = White/Black = What is this?
C1-6 = Blue/White = comes from A/C Water Temp SW # 2 - don't have AC so i dont use this

I still have the C1 connector in my engine bay, should i cut it?

I need help ASAP!!!! I need this car started ASAP as i have to get the car out of the place i rent.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
OneJArpus;1152099 said:
ok did the 12v mod with a 20amp fuse that keeps blowing.... i checked the EA2 connector and pin # 2 & pin # 5 = EFI, no juice any time. Question, do i keep the resister plugged in when doing the 12v mod?

EFI fuse in the fuse box is getting power

Where should i start looking? I had a jumper harness for my body plugs and my C1 connect i followed the pinout and the color code of the wires to the T.

C1-1 - BY - wired up to the EA2 Pin # 1 - Getting power all the time, with out the key in the ignition
C1-2 - BR - wired up to the EA2 Pin # 2 - no juice - not getting power unswitched or switched
C1-4 - BO - wired up to the EA2 Pin # 5 - no juice - no getting power unswitched or switched

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

C1-1 = EFI Relay (1st connctor (2F) - 5 ) under engine bay fuse box - Black/Yellow
C1-2 = EFI Relay ( 2F-8 ) - Black/Orange
C1-4 = EFI Relay (2f-2) - Black/Red
C1-3 = White = What is this?
C1-5 = White/Black = What is this?
C1-6 = Blue/White = comes from A/C Water Temp SW # 2 - don't have AC so i dont use this

I still have the C1 connector in my engine bay, should i cut it?

I need help ASAP!!!! I need this car started ASAP as i have to get the car out of the place i rent.

ok, 12v mod works, relay clicks on, fuel pump turns on, still no start. I'm guessing the EFI pin 2 & pin 5 are causing this problem. I don't hear the injectors firing.

Where should i start checking??

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
please help up with this.We need this car on the road a.s.a.p. I think tonight I'm going to look for any shorts in the harness.everything has power but the efi.I know that our problem unless the e.c.u. is no good.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
MK3.0dudeman;1153260 said:
please help up with this.We need this car on the road a.s.a.p. I think tonight I'm going to look for any shorts in the harness.everything has power but the efi.I know that our problem unless the e.c.u. is no good.

I'm not getting any power to PIN # 5 on the EA2 connector. Pin 1 & 2 (EFI) have power. I also checked the ECU and pin # 11 IIRC doesn't get power which is for the Injector# 3 & 5

Attachments

• jzx81_jza70.gif
    jzx81_jza70.gif
    37.5 KB · Views: 8

sctwinturbo

May 14, 2007
new jersey
if you triple check your wiring
you can try my ecu (30 mins away) don't blow it up

i am free Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun, to come up to you

onejarpus you got my number already let me know

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
JASONA70;1156416 said:
oh no! is it just a blown capacitor or is it completely destroyed?

I have no idea, i opened up the ECU and can only see one or two capacitors that are bad. This is a sard tuned ECU too I HOPE ITS NOT DESTROYED! :( :( :( Came iwth my engine set i hope i can have it fixed or get one discounted.