1J Not starting (No fuel)

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Ok i have a few issues i'm trying to overcome.

Car - 88 Supra
1J
Harness untouched
DM jumper harness extension done for body plugs
EA2 Connector soldered by me using a diagram i had before but can no longer find for what ever reason. if you have it please let me get it to recheck my work. I followed it the first time correctly from my memory.

1. Car has spark, but no fuel
2. I don't hear the pump
3. I checked the fuses in the fuse box all have power except the 7.5 "CHARGE" fuse.

I still had the 7M (alt) power wiring hanging around the engine bay and also a thick white wire near the fuse box that is also "HOT" when the ALT power wire is "HOT".

I will try to take pictures but i dont have a camera and this is the best i can do right now.

I'm trying to figure out the FP/ no fuel issue first then moving onto the charging to confirm if all is well first.

I spoke with my friend Gonzy and he advice that i put a wire from the FP Relay (blue & black) to the positive side of the battery and i should hear the pump.

The car has about 1 to 2 gallons of 93 in it fresh.

I did this and the car cranks but no start. Still don't hear the FP, dead pump? I have a walbro that i'm going to install to see if that solves the problem and i'm also going to do the 12+v mod. Any help is appriciated

improved

Running!
Apr 4, 2005
California
http://1jz.com/tech/docs/wiring/

The EA2 connector is in the wiring diagram. Did you do this swap from a clip? If you did, you can use the EA2 connector from the 1j's body harness. If not you have to wire it directly to the other side, which should be too bad.

Color for color they matched one another if you look at the EA2 connector on your engine harness and the ones found on the C1 connector.

I had a similar issue as you I wired this EA2 in and it fixed all of my issues.

Matt-

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
sctwinturbo;1148051 said:
7m pump not enough pressure for the 1jz
put the walbro in
check the fuse box under the hood
where is your fuel pressure regulator ?

I have a walbro, i will put it in this week, i do not have an aftermarket FPR.

Which fuse is the one for the fuel pump?

improved;1148101 said:
http://1jz.com/tech/docs/wiring/

The EA2 connector is in the wiring diagram. Did you do this swap from a clip? If you did, you can use the EA2 connector from the 1j's body harness. If not you have to wire it directly to the other side, which should be too bad.

Color for color they matched one another if you look at the EA2 connector on your engine harness and the ones found on the C1 connector.

I had a similar issue as you I wired this EA2 in and it fixed all of my issues.

Matt-

I wired up the EA2 connector, it is plugged in the car. I'm guessing dead pump. I just want to be sure i didnt *uck anything up.

I soldered all the joints near perfect and its been heat shrink wrapped and tapped up already. I pulled some of the tap to double check i will double check my work and make sure.

I did not get a front clip, but i did purchase everything from driftmotion as an engine set and it came with EVERYTHING from a clip.

sctwinturbo

May 14, 2007
new jersey
and
you are going to need a fuel pressure regulator
it should start but only idle to much fuel running through
set the fuel pressure reg. to 42psi with the vac hose off

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
sctwinturbo;1148635 said:
and
you are going to need a fuel pressure regulator
it should start but only idle to much fuel running through
set the fuel pressure reg. to 42psi with the vac hose off

I'm going to need an anftermarket FPR!?!? The stock one isn't good enough?

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
sctwinturbo;1148648 said:
with the walbro how are you going to put the correct amount of fuel ?

the stock is not adjustable

True, i guess its time to save up for an aftermarket FPR... thought i could put the walbro on and the stock fpr would be sufficient till i got an aftermarket one =/

improved

Running!
Apr 4, 2005
California
OneJArpus;1148652 said:
True, i guess its time to save up for an aftermarket FPR... thought i could put the walbro on and the stock fpr would be sufficient till i got an aftermarket one =/

The stock FPR would be sufficient. You would not see an increase of pressure unless you replace and the other restrictions with an AFPR, fuel line dampner replacement and larger injectors. You wouldn't want to overrun your injectors.

You could also use a fuel controller at this point and some tuning.

Matt-

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
improved;1148784 said:
The stock FPR would be sufficient. You would not see an increase of pressure unless you replace and the other restrictions with an AFPR, fuel line dampner replacement and larger injectors. You wouldn't want to overrun your injectors.

You could also use a fuel controller at this point and some tuning.

Matt-

Can you clear your post up a bit? I feel a lil tardish right now.

I can run it just fine and won't see an increase in pressure unless i replace it with AFPR & fuel line dampner replacement w/larger injectors?

improved

Running!
Apr 4, 2005
California
OneJArpus;1148795 said:
Can you clear your post up a bit? I feel a lil tardish right now.

I can run it just fine and won't see an increase in pressure unless i replace it with AFPR & fuel line dampner replacement w/larger injectors?

The only mod I would with the Walbro install is the 12V mod. Walbro suggests a constant 12V to the fuel pump. With the stock resistor in place in varies from 9V to 12V. The 12V mod should be performed with the Walbro install.

The 12V mod and Walbro install will not increase fuel pressue with the stock regulator in place.

Matt-

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
improved;1148849 said:
The only mod I would with the Walbro install is the 12V mod. Walbro suggests a constant 12V to the fuel pump. With the stock resistor in place in varies from 9V to 12V. The 12V mod should be performed with the Walbro install.

The 12V mod and Walbro install will not increase fuel pressue with the stock regulator in place.

Matt-

Cool thanks Matt

I actually planned to do the 12v mod to it but do not have the $$ for the fuse holder, fuse, or relay right now (extra broke), i'm going to do all the wiring needed tho so once i get the $$ its just an easy plug and play deal with it.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Gas tank dropped, walbro installed, 12v mod underway, just need some 14 ga wires for the relay and some butt connectors and i'll be done with it today or tomorrow. I will let you guys know what's up

EFI fuse, has juice to it. Must of been just a dead pump.

improved

Running!
Apr 4, 2005
California
OneJArpus;1149413 said:
Gas tank dropped, walbro installed, 12v mod underway, just need some 14 ga wires for the relay and some butt connectors and i'll be done with it today or tomorrow. I will let you guys know what's up

EFI fuse, has juice to it. Must of been just a dead pump.

You want to use 10gauge wire for the fuel pump rewire. Be sure to use grommets when passing the wire through metal.

Have fun!

Matt-

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
improved;1149697 said:
You want to use 10gauge wire for the fuel pump rewire. Be sure to use grommets when passing the wire through metal.

Have fun!

Matt-

Yea, i have 10 gauge wire for the power wire to the trunk, Should i use 10g for everything? I have 14 gauge wire for the trunk/relay part. Im doing my wiring today.