1J idles runs rough, backfires, dies outs!

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
*Bring up a semi-old thread using search function*

Would code 41 cause a slight delay in throttle response? If I blip the throttle it takes the engine/ECU about a second to realize that the throttle body is open. Other than that, I'e got a smooth ~760RPM idle with no backfires. I've been told that I just need to re-adjust the TPS. I'll try and get a quick video up this weekend to explain what i'm talking about.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
NgoFcukinWay;1262669 said:
*Bring up a semi-old thread using search function*

Would code 41 cause a slight delay in throttle response? If I blip the throttle it takes the engine/ECU about a second to realize that the throttle body is open. Other than that, I'e got a smooth ~760RPM idle with no backfires. I've been told that I just need to re-adjust the TPS. I'll try and get a quick video up this weekend to explain what i'm talking about.

Yeah remove all slack from the throttle cable and then adjust the TPS according to instructions. Do it correctly and it should not have anymore hesitation at slight throttle.

vIetDrIfTeR

Mar 19, 2010
d town
*Bring up a semi-old thread using search function* right? snits me too haha
okay im have the same problem yal. just did a jza70 in my early 89 turbo supra and it just starts and dies ! it throwing no codes can anybody help me please here a video
http://youtu.be/NUUuQOI45U8