1990 UZA70 - Yotarip is a one trick pony. LOTTTTSSS of pics.

Yotarip

Feb 20, 2015
Virginia
So,
I went to my local junkyard saturday, to pull a w58 from a 84 celica. Someone beat me to it but 2 cars down was a 300zx with a pair of magnaflow mufflers. I had to grab them at $10 each.

Some soap, water and a little aircraft paint remover to dissolve the road tar and they cleaned up pretty well. One will go on the supra and one is for my cressida. I also finished modifying the sc400 exhaust manifolds to start the exhaust routing.

Then a buddy came over for a little help in wiring up the cooling fans on his MK3 we built.

I had him do a little burnout to keep my inspired.

https://youtu.be/O-B6JY7RHfs

Last edited:

Yotarip

Feb 20, 2015
Virginia
So,
Cruising ebay for cheap wheels, i came across a new set of 18x9.5 / 18.10.5 + 22 wheels for $500 shipped. The vendor didn't list an actual photo of the wheels, just a computer drawing with a blank center cap. The listing didn't even show the brand. The wheel design is not my favorite but the size and offset for the price was irresistible. Found out they are ZEDD wheels when they were delivered. I was alittle concerned about the rear fitting because the 18x10 +24 rears on my friend's supra are a close fit. I must have slightly pulled the rear when I used the fender roller tool. The rears tuck nicely.

Seeing the wheels on the car made me more happy with the purchase. Best fitting cheap wheel I've bought so far.

Yotarip

Feb 20, 2015
Virginia
Thanks man. I'm pretty happy with them. These supras can take some thick tires in the rear.

This my all time favorite black supra and I'm going for a similar look.

CIMG9618.jpg

With light smoke tinted windows.

Yotarip

Feb 20, 2015
Virginia
No big update. The summer heat killed any motivation to work on the supra. The past week's weather had been pretty comfortable so I put in a little work. Painted and installed the rear three piece spoiler, installed coilovers and wrapped the wheels in tires. 255/35/18 front (9.5" wheel) and 265/35/18 rear 910.5" wheel).

Will finish up the wiring soon.

Yotarip

Feb 20, 2015
Virginia
Project is still going on. The end of 2015 was pretty good as 1uz VVTi motors were falling out of the sky into our local pick n pulls. They would typical end up like this one we found.

Front end collisions. People are destroying these cars by running into crap. This is one of the five V8 VVTi motors we pulled this fall and winter. I pulled this one last weekend to use as a backup motor.

Found out that even with the smaller Tacoma brake booster, The larger VVTi valve cover will not clear it. I had to trim the cover and fab up plates to weld over the opening.

Then I came across a a guy parting out a 2003 LS430 on craigslist. I picked up the 4.3 for $500. Pulled the 4.0 from the supra to swap over the valve covers, timing covers and intake/throttle body.

Dropped the 4.3 into the supra and learned how to make AN lines.

Also installed a corvette fuel filter that has a built in pressure regulator. This will over come the issue of the returnless fuel rail on the VVTi motor. I need to modify a couple of my fuel lines and then I'll start it this weekend. I'll run the 4.3 on the 4.0 harness, coilpacks, throttlebody and ECU. This will eliminate the complexity of installing a drive by wire accelerator pedal.

Waiting on my exhaust mandrel bends to be delivered.

Last edited:

Yotarip

Feb 20, 2015
Virginia
The direction of both waternecks are fine. Similar to the 1st gen 1uz's. We use ls400 lower rad hose on the passenger side lower and sc400 upper hoses. They work fine with the ma70 radiator. Just need 1.5"-1.25" rad hose reducers.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
I gonna be starting a itb first gen itb setup in 3rd gen 2wd baja truck soon should be rather fun and to see how long the stock truck w56 trans will take it lol

Yotarip

Feb 20, 2015
Virginia
NashMan;2081276 said:
I gonna be starting a itb first gen itb setup in 3rd gen 2wd baja truck soon should be rather fun and to see how long the stock truck w56 trans will take it lol

Sounds awesome man. If anyone can do it, I believe it would be you. I've finished four 1uz swaps with w series trans and they have all held up. I'll see if this w58 will survive with over 300 ft/lbs torque plus traction.