1989 NA Build- ALL Motor, no turbos here

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
miekedmr;2036960 said:

No big thing.

I love his project. I have an LM7 in the driveway myself. And it hauls ass up to 30 mph in the Yukon. He has saved a few grand over what IJ did with his block. Not that IJ was in the wrong or even close to it.

grifter679

Dec 14, 2008
San Francisco
I made the intake myself, I have a Miller Dynasty 200Dx. Ill be fabbing up the coolant tank tomorrow, so more pics up after this weekend. IJ was running a gen4 block, i beleive a L99 but I may be wrong. The project only came about becuase the original 7M was so trashed by the PO that nothing was salvagebale, that and my cousin had the lm7 sitting on a pallet in his garage.

grifter679

Dec 14, 2008
San Francisco
I got some fab done on my coolant surge tank, just need to clean it up and pressure test it. probably will have it and the tank powdercoated black or some sort. this tank is proably about 4-5 hours worth of work to complete.

my wedding is coming up in three weeks so probably no real updates till then

grifter679

Dec 14, 2008
San Francisco
just some minor updates, I ripped out the stock HVAC unit and installed a Summit Heater core only for defroster, also used bulkhead fittings where the AC lines went. Finished off most of the topside plumbing. Will need to start working on bottom side plumbing by running new fuel lines, filters, and regulator

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
grifter679;2042315 said:
I ripped out the stock HVAC unit

Thought to myself, "Why!?". Then saw your location. I visited San Francisco Aug. of 2013, and it never reached over 65* the two weeks I was there. Asked to locals is this some kind of freakish cold front they're having and they said it was like that all year long.

Are those factory exhaust manifolds of some sort, or headers? If headers which ones, and how's the clearance?

grifter679

Dec 14, 2008
San Francisco
the exhaust manifolds are CX racing ls1 swap headers for the mk3, i would rate them 6/10 but it definitly gets me over a large hurdle of piecing the exhaust components together. lol about the weather for 300 days a year its high of 65 and low of 58