1987 Toyota supra fixer upper

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
yeah im going to paint it black or maybe blue. which one do you think would look better? lol i just took it out for a ride but funny thing is i put one of my vice grips on the hose thats sucking in to much air and drove it and it idled good and drove awsome. i might have to clamp that hose a bit just for temporary fix just till we figure out why it idles funny. i did check to see if it had the whats it called in the idle air control like we talked about and it did. i wonder if the air control you gave me also went out. hmm that would suck.

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
did you reset your ecu. Sometimes that helps. I think black but primer first. If all else fails get a valve and put it inline with the hose for idle control

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
do i didnt even think to reset my ecu. but on the other hand i dont even know how to reset it. yeah i was thinking black for the can.

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
just disconnect you battery for a while and pull the plug on the IACV. Hook up the battery after about 10min. start your car and then out the IACV connector back on. I've done that before and somehow it worked for me.

Oh yeah i got my phone turned on 9362310253

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
oh sweet ill save it in my phone but my phuckin phone is off. i can accept calls but cant make them. i really need to pay my bills. lol. i will work on reseting the ecu and see if it helps.

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
woot finally got the tags. all i need now is the inspection, a/c recharged, a new idle air control, fix the power steering leak, fix the weak ass brakes, fix the wiring cause the bypass i did is killing my battery, and finally get a new switch for my fogs. also got to change all the fluids.

after all that i will get the camber kit, couplers for my upper radiator hard pipe, new tires, new tint, and last new paint. still got to paint the catch can that NTRA08 made for me and also paint the top of the radiator due to the paint is chipping off.

i ordered a prosport boost and air to fuel gauges and still waiting for them.

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
some updates. got a few parts in.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

radiator pipe made by NTRA08 with new couplers. will have it installed soon just need to run and get some clamps

sm_photo_missing.jpg

the driftmotion ss power steering line. is installed just need to get pics of it installed.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

a new prosport boost and air/fuel gauges installed.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

accordian pipe made by NTRA08 painted black.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

catch can made by NTRA08 painted grey.

will get some pics of the radiator pipe and ss power steering line installed soon.

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
Great found out my pos 7m gots a rod knock. Now its time for a full 7m rebuild or maybe time to drop in a 1jz or 2jz. I will have a lot to think about. Just wanted to update you guys

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Man brandons car has come a longgg way! [assuming thats his old white one]

Why dont you do a 2jz-geT? Its pretty cheap to do, and uses the same 7m harness.

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
steven89;1623695 said:
Man brandons car has come a longgg way! [assuming thats his old white one]

Why dont you do a 2jz-geT? Its pretty cheap to do, and uses the same 7m harness.

Well you assumed right this is brandons old supra. and that also is another choice I have to deciede on. I first need to budget myself and see what my limit is then I will deciede.

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
now maybe its time to sell the supra. i dont know yet. but if i get a good offer i might. it dose come with the tein coilovers and the bomex whaletail spoiler. it as you know has the 7mgte with rod knock and a w58 tranny with a act clutch kit light weight flywheel. still got the 1jz tach and prosport boost and air to fuel gauges. so if i get a good offer i might take it.

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
Hows this for an offer. I will take the time and gas to pull your supra across the scales. Where every single supra should go. LOL.