18s? 17s? Input on either appreciated...

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Woah resurrected. Ha, well my wheels never sold and I don't think they will ever sell anyhow at this rate :p I'll hang on to them till whenever. Thanks again guys.

-J

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
the MK3 simply isnt friendly to being lowered excessive amounts. in order to get the desired look, you have to lower it alot. MKIV's can appear to be lowered significantly but this is because the body overhanges the floor pan and rails moreso than the MK3. the MK3 is SHORTER from rocker panel to roof line than the MKIV, but the MKIV has more body that is LOWER than the floor pan, unlike the MK3. thats why the MK3 has to be dumped on its nuts to "look good". the downside is loss of suspension travel and incontinence on bad roads. even in florida where there is no snow/ice or salt to tear up the roads, we still have some shitty pavement... i have no desire to bottom out, lay frame or crush my future 5" exhaust. theres absolutely no reason for ME to lower my car more than 1". i just want bigger wheels and tires to take up the gigantic wheel well/fender gap on the MK3. 19's would be bad as hell on the MK3... but i cant fit 11" wide wheels on the front of a stock body/suspension MK3. doh.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
oneandgone said:
My 1.86 60' says that 18's bite just fine. I haven't been able to beat it on 15's with slicks yet, only match it.

you know as well as I know that the small sidewall doesnt deflect as much on a 18 as does on a 15 or 16. its physics.. cant argue with it..

BTW nice 60.