13s with nitrous and 7mge!

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
You know what's next... 150 shot!! You know you're going to do it.
Very nice times for n/a. There's alot of turbo guys here that can't do that. Do you have a mod list you'd like to share with us?

ricerkid

Jul 8, 2009
St. Louis
Engine
Wiseco Pistons
Cometic HG
ARP main studs, head studs, rod bolts, flywheel bolts
Balanced Crank
Balanced Rods/Shot Peened
Clevite Bearings
10.6:1 compression
Pacesetter Header
Megan Racing Exhaust
Gutted Cat

ECU/Ignition/Fuel
Megasquirt 2
MSD 6AL
MSD HVC2 coil
Magnecor Wires
Aeromotive Regulator
Walbro 255
NGK BCPR7
AEM Wideband

Driveline
Competition Clutch Stage 5
Weir MAXGRIP LSD kit

Tires
Hoosier QTP 26x9.5x16

Nitrous Setup
Nitrous Express Shark Nozzle
Edelbrock Performer Nitrous Solenoid
Edelbrock Performer Fuel Solenoid
Edelbrock Bottle Warmer
Jetting is 52n & 28f

ricerkid

Jul 8, 2009
St. Louis
It was difficult for me. It was my first time ever trying to tune a car and wire a different ecu to a car. It took me about a month to get the car running well. My biggest struggle was getting the megasquirt to read a good crank rpm. I had trouble getting the megasquirt to sync well with the stock VR sensor and trigger wheel. Once I figured that out I had problems with some of the settings, but it works well now.

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Impressive indeed. I'd say about 98.99% of Supra owners would go turbo with a set up like yours, props to you for staying N/A and achieving times some BPU turbo Supras can't even do.

Is this a temporary set up to see how far you can take the 7MGE or do you plan to boost eventually?

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
should look into getting some rx7 wheels (14 lbs) almost half the weight of the ones you've got ATM

props though!! that's a pretty quick N/A :cool:

not sure if you've tried this too, but the stock intake can (resonator) should actually give you a bit more power...

T3rril79

Dec 10, 2010
Huntsville Alabama
ricerkid;1973117 said:
It was difficult for me. It was my first time ever trying to tune a car and wire a different ecu to a car. It took me about a month to get the car running well. My biggest struggle was getting the megasquirt to read a good crank rpm. I had trouble getting the megasquirt to sync well with the stock VR sensor and trigger wheel. Once I figured that out I had problems with some of the settings, but it works well now.

OK I just figured I should ask. I was looking into DIYAutotune's MS3pro. It is great that you were able to get it running so well.

ricerkid

Jul 8, 2009
St. Louis
Supra28;1973504 said:
Impressive indeed. I'd say about 98.99% of Supra owners would go turbo with a set up like yours, props to you for staying N/A and achieving times some BPU turbo Supras can't even do.

Is this a temporary set up to see how far you can take the 7MGE or do you plan to boost eventually?

I plan to turbocharge it eventually. There's more for me to learn and I'm saving money for a nice turbo setup.

Insidious Surmiser;1973516 said:
should look into getting some rx7 wheels (14 lbs) almost half the weight of the ones you've got ATM

props though!! that's a pretty quick N/A :cool:

not sure if you've tried this too, but the stock intake can (resonator) should actually give you a bit more power...

rx7 wheels would be nice! The torque gains with nitrous pretty much void lighter wheels in my experience. I put my slicks on and ran without nitrous and the car went slower then on street tire without nitrous. The car traps the same on street tires and slicks with nitrous(assuming same tune). The slicks are HEAVY with the tubes in them.

T3rril79;1973534 said:
OK I just figured I should ask. I was looking into DIYAutotune's MS3pro. It is great that you were able to get it running so well.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.