12 Volt mod

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
why dont people post pics with their discriptions. we'd save about a page of discussion right off of the bat.

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
Bigdough666 said:
I dont know much about this 12V mod, whats the diff? Is it worth it? When I put my entire fuel system in (AFC-II, Walbro, 550's, Lex AFM, AFPR) should I do it?

I'd say with a walbro, you'd need to run 12V all the time. It may not run "right" at a low voltage. But I'm not 100% sure on this. Some say, running low voltage which is fine at idle, prolongs the life of the pump.There is also a VSV that isolates the stock fuel pressure regulator from engine vaccum under certain conditions I forgot. But with an aftermarket fuel pump like my external SX, it is almost always necessary to run full time 12 volts, and I also got rid of that VSV.

--Ron

Anh

Apr 6, 2005
London
Pointless mod unless you enjoy testing how good closed loop mode really is, what we want is 9 v all the time :) The walbro just pumps too fuel at any rail pressure at 12 v. The performance at 12 v is only useful to anyone running anything beyond a stock CT-26.

Last edited:

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
technically, yess you want to keep the relay and resistor pack. reducing the voltage going to the fuel pump will prolong its life and allow it to "relax" a little. also, itll apply less pressure and volume to the fuel system.

here is the diagram you need to work from;
FI_114.gif

you connect the FPR terminal from the ECU to the FP terminal going to the fuel pump. this allows the relay trigger signal to go straight to the fuel pump wiring. then once in the trunk, just use this same wire to trigger your new Aftermarket relay. use your 8AWG cable from the battery, and use it as the 12v+ power input for the relay, and then more 8AWG for the power output from the relay and going into the fuel pump. then more 8AWG for the return cable and connect to a strong chassis ground.

i have pics of my fuel pump wi ring and shit, but my other pc has a virus, so i dont think i can show you now.