12 Volt mod

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
I've heard about this 12 volt mod, and wanted to look into it more....

i swear i saw it in the FAQ section a few days ago but can't find it anymore... maybe it was on SF.

Anyway, does anyone have a writeup I can read over?

_ Justin

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
It could get easier.
Cut the yellow wire.
That's it.
No jumper, no unplugging.
Cut the yellow wire.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
IHI-RHC7 said:
It could get easier.
Cut the yellow wire.
That's it.
Cut the yellow wire.

it could get EVEN easier!
leave it alone.
whoo!!!

seriously.. is that a way to do it though? just cut the yellow wire.. cuz i'll go do it right now...

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
I don't know about cutting the wire, but I just jumped the 2 wires together...Either way, it's a 30 second job and it makes a big difference

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
IHI-RHC7 said:
It could get easier.
Cut the yellow wire.
That's it.
Cut the yellow wire.

i havent looked at it in awhile so this is an honest question...but wouldnt cutting the wire leave it in 6v mode all the time? as it will have no way to swithc to 12v...and if thats so you will run lean whenever you step on the gas....

ill have to look at the EWD...

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
you should do MY 12v mod...

eliminate the entire fuel pump relay and resistor pack. then run a 4awg cable w/ 80amp fuse into the trunk. kick it down to 8awd going to an aftermarket 30amp bosch relay. then 8awg going into the fuel tank and to the pump. then 8awg ground from the pump and to the chassis. i jumpered the Fuel pump trigger wire from the ECU to send the 12v signal straight down the stock fuel pump power wire. the yellow/black wire that goes into the trunk. im now using this signal from the ecu to trigger my aftermarket relay.

i have a walbro in there now, and the J-tube bypassed, and its STILL rich as hell.

oldschool85

1fstmk2
Mar 30, 2005
Denver, PA
wats the benefit of running that 30amp bosch relay for? couldnt you just splice into the FPR wire at the ecu and run it straight back to the fuelpump?

charlie

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
dont tap into the wire at the ecu, cuz that means you have to run an extra wire all the way into the trunk. just use the existing wires toyota provided you! ;)

when you eliminate all the other BS on the fender, you can just join the wire from the ECU that triggers the STOCK relay, and solder it to the 12v+ wire that goes to the fuel pump. this allows the ECU relay trigger to go down the existing fuel pump wiring into the trunk. then, inside the trunk. just take this 12v+ wire, and use it to trigger your aftermarket relay.

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
Idealsupra said:
i havent looked at it in awhile so this is an honest question...but wouldnt cutting the wire leave it in 6v mode all the time? as it will have no way to swithc to 12v...and if thats so you will run lean whenever you step on the gas....

ill have to look at the EWD...

When the relay does not get the "FP" signal from the ECU (yellow wire), it switches the system to 12 Volts.

--Ron