100mph, Brake, Car Dives to Left

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
ForcedTorque;1081227 said:
I would recommend not slamming on brakes too often from 100mph! I'm not one of those who will tell you that you should always drive your Supra at or below the speed limit 100% of the time. But, when you do exceed the limit, do so when it is safe, and give yourself plenty of room to slow down safely. If you are in traffic, use your headm and don't let this be a time you drive that way.

You mean it's not good to be able to smell your brakes burning and see smoke rising from the wheel area when coming to a stop sign? Damn. :(

My brakes get the $#!T beaten out of them of a regular basis (ceramic/kevlar pads, brembo rotors), and I've found that good fluid and happy lines are the best thing you can do.

As was mentioned before, flush the fluid, bleed out any air, and make sure the calipers are working correctly. When in doubt, grease the sliders again.

Collin

improved

Running!
Apr 4, 2005
California
Since reading this thread, I took the pleasure of checking my sliders on my project car. They are toast. The caliper does not slid right or left.

The bolt which seems unattainable by socket is a literal pin, that is pressed into the caliper. Is this correct? If so removing the pin, for easy's sake, requires caliper removal, polishing of pin, and re-greasing?

Thanks,

Matt-

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yep, the messed up part is that after it does this a few times, the slides start to wear badly and cause uneven pad wear...

It's a shitty design...

87witmoreboost

Officially HKS'd
Aug 27, 2007
New Hampshire
xcyanideslethalx;1083330 said:
(maybe its me being dumb) but isnt if you are over 100mph if you do not push in the clutch before you brake wont your car get a little squirrley on your cause i swear ive had it happen to me.

...? No.

Push the clutch in if you plan to lock wheels up.