MKIII front end conversions??? help

I

Interpretblurple

Ok this may not be in the correct section if it isnt will a mod please move it...anyway i may be the lucky owner of a MKIII in a few days anyway I have always loved supras (my dream being a MKIV...but since im no drug dealer and a poor college student thats all it will be for now...a dream)...anyway i really like the MKIII as well...hell i love it...but a few days ago i saw a picture of a MKIII with the front end and i believe rear of a (at least taillights) of a MKIV...now i would love the taillights but those arent that important...my question is this...What is necessary to change the front of a MKIII to that of MKIV? it wasnt just a change it was the headlights, hood i believe, fenders, and a front body kit fender, it looked amazing...Is this practical mod? like if i got the fenders, hood, headlights, and front fender would it bolt up?..im sure some modifications would be needed...any ideas? Also what about the tails from the MKIV on the MKIII..what would be needed? How hard would it be?

Thanks for all the responses in advanced...
-Kris

I

Interpretblurple

mkivfront.jpg

Heres the picture...SOOOO...anyone lol...dont everyone answer so fast its hard to read all these replies at once (j/k) :aigo:

after look at these two side shots it seems like the fenders might be interchangable...which leads me to believe that the hood will be also...so its just a matter of the headlights mounting/electronics and front bumper mounting...
93suprabomexside.jpg

86-92supra-126-side.jpg

however upon further examination of the first pic you can see that they used the mkIII fenders because of the middle plastic piece that goes from the door to the fender...which isnt on the MKIV...so maybe they cut the fenders (dremel) for the headlights...hopefully the fenders will be interchagable

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Interpretblurple

lagged said:
arg that picture gives me a headache! i dont know what it is! a mkiii? or a mkiv? AHHHHHH.

lol its a mkIII with a MKIV bomex front bumper, MKIV headlights...but its seems as though the hood and fender are MKIII...im sorry for your head pains but is this possible!!!!!!!! does anyone know who's car this is...has anyone tried to do this...seen someone with it...anything! lol :cry:

I

Interpretblurple

Does no one know?! or does no one care to answer? :cry:

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
You may want to dawn a flame suit. The topic above is taboo. Most(not all) of the MKIII owners on here are purists. We love the looks of the stock MKIII and don't care much for loud body kits. And to put any parts of that over grown jelly bean on our cars is a sin against the gods of boost. While the MKIV is with out question an awesome car, stock for stock the major consensus is that our cars(MKIII) look better. So you won't find much info on it, as it's rarely talked about. And the starter of such threads usually gets stoned to death by bloated jelly beans. Just a heads up.

cwapface

Supernerd
Mar 30, 2005
Eugene, OR
www.dylanwiggins.com
You can look at 2 pics all day and still not know if anything is interchangeable. If the mounting holes are just an inch off then that is a 5 second fix, but if the fender edges are off at all then you are into custom work.

Best way to check is to ask a mkiv guy to send you measurements. What if the mkiv hood is too narrow? what if it slopes down too much? anything can be done custom, just takes $$$$$$$$$$$

also, mkiv taillights look good on mkiv's and that's it.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
u jelly bean lover, LOL (j/k), but u are.
i dont really like the MKIV looks, i want its engine tho. if you could trace back the person who posted the pic orginaly and send him an email then find out the owner of the car, lot of trace work but it could be done.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
It cant be done. Theres no way in hell it can be done, even though you posted an actual pic of a conversion :rolleyes:

Do what you want with it, its your car, however do NOT try to put MkIV tailights on the MkIII. The only remotely possible choice of car that comes to mind that the tailights would remotely fit the general car is the second gen 3000GT. Even that is pushing the limits. Want big old round lights like that? Save yourself the trouble and get REAL 18-wheeler tailights

That being said thats one of the only (if not only) conversion I like done. Tastefully done well with a great match of the lines of the car

abustiffy

Apr 13, 2005
in a house
Im not a purest, though Ive owned 6 mkIII to date, and I Do love the mkIV, but that thing is hedious. The lines of the mk3 and 4 are not even close to the same. You take a rounded nose and put it on a car with sharp lines. Eventhough it is real, it looks like a bad photoshop done by some 16 year old with mk4 envy. I commend the work and to each its own, but it isnt geometricly pleasing.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
That's a really good idea. I imagine that 18 wheeler parts aren't that expensive, run on 12v current just fine, and you can get LED tails that way that basically never burn out.

Both Mk4 front and rear conversions have been done to the Mk3. No, this is *not* practical, but it is possible.

I

Interpretblurple

lol its cool guys i wont like I honestly do like the looks of the MKIV better...but only when a body kit is on the car...i mean right now I have an intrepid...and soon will be the PROUD owner of MKIII supra...dont get me wrong the only real reason that i want that body kit is so i can get the lights because i want H.I.D...now if they have a H.I.D for the MKIII shut me up and link me to it lol...but yea i know you guys dont like it and i know how it is...i almost got stoned as a ricer on my intrepid car club site when i said i was gettin this car but i dont care since i know what i like...but yea thanks for at least filling me in somewhat guys i do appreciate it...but yea i was really just wondering although I will definitely be gettin the Extreme Dimensions kit for andysautosport ..i think you guys call it the doluck kit..im not sure...basically i want this front bumper and side skirts
86_92supra_evofront.jpg

with the bomex rear.

but first power then pretty lol...yea i have been reading the info on this site the supra.nl site and i-supra site because im need to learn alot about this turbo shit lol since i know nada...well after spending 36 hours reading info i know quite alot...but yea...after i finish my intrepid (so far full conversion to a 300m interior and engine), then its on to my supra...then maybe if i get this 240sx (s13), and maybe this 300zx...but yea im gettin ahead of myself...i gotta get some money first...(work as an audio installer at circuit city, and do engine swaps for LH platform cars...and side car shit)...but anyway...i seem to have gone off on a tangent...but yea I LOVE MKIII supras so dont let this thread let you think otherwise i love the looks and only plan on increasing them look forward to gettin to know you guys.. :biglaugh:

I

Interpretblurple

Orion ZyGarian said:
Save yourself the trouble and get REAL 18-wheeler tailights

That being said thats one of the only (if not only) conversion I like done. Tastefully done well with a great match of the lines of the car

do you have pics of what your are talking about?...and the reason i want the tails is because i want to carbon fiber mine...thats going to be a big theme of my car...either that or i will just niteshade the factory tails...

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
You were the one that posted the pic of what I am talking about.

You can do carbon fiber with or without MkIV tails...I have no idea where you are going with that idea..

"niteshade the factory tails?" You mean darken/tint them? How bout getting some JDM ones, that was you can have OEM darker ones and call your car JDM YO OMG DORIFTO BUTTON!1!!111

Interpretblurple said:
...dont get me wrong the only real reason that i want that body kit is so i can get the lights because i want H.I.D...now if they have a H.I.D for the MKIII shut me up and link me to it lol...
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4009

HID lights have NOTHING to do with what body kit something is on. Let it be known that that right there is a horrible eBay body kit that will probably fall apart in a month

Grim: I wasnt serious :p I know there are people who like the Ferrari/Lotus round tailights on the MkIIIs and that would be the best choice.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
The only way that pic would work is if they did what BIC Performance did and smoothed the trim that goes around the car. Even then, the rear would look off from the rest.

Learn to enjoy your car

..or DIE!
Just kidding. Or save your cash and get a MkIV.

I

Interpretblurple

GrimJack said:
HID info for the Mk3 is here:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2419

I'd suggest reading through the majority of the threads in that section.

yea i read that thread about 3 times...what im thinking of doing is purchasing a kit i saw for a 240sx that used the H.I.D and projector combo...i think i can just cut and splice the electrical wiring and rig it up somehow although i need to do a little more research on it..because i like the 2 light conversion a little better, plus by doing that way i get both high and low beam with the H.I.D..but thanks for the help

I

Interpretblurple

Orion ZyGarian said:
You were the one that posted the pic of what I am talking about.
"niteshade the factory tails?" You mean darken/tint them? How bout getting some JDM ones, that was you can have OEM darker ones and call your car JDM YO OMG DORIFTO BUTTON!1!!111

Let it be known that that right there is a horrible eBay body kit that will probably fall apart in a month

now im confused...you mentioned 18wheeler tails...are you referring to the MKIV ones??? lol remember Noobie on supras lol...and yea niteshade its a paint that you can put on taillights to tint them but you can use it customize them...like some people use it to make words light up or designs...you will see :biglaugh: ...and as for the body kit...i dont know which one you are referring to i saw the kit on ebay and i have seen it on many cars i think on this site...unless i am mistaken..and thats from andys auto sport not ebay...

heres the kit i want
maxevo2.jpg

-do-luck T1 front (although looks the same as the one i posted...is this JDM quality or something?)
-Bomex/ab-flug sides
-Bomex rear

I

Interpretblurple

Orion ZyGarian said:
From what I hear, high beam HID is practically useless

yea and no it matters on how you do the light intensity...like for my highs ima have it a more whitish light so its gonna be at i believe 4000-6000k, but for my lows i want more blueish tint so its gonna be at about 8000k...(damn if this is backwards or off someone please correct me i havent wrote the high intensity diode numbers in awhile...)