ZT2 Wideband Questions

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
For those using the ZT@ to datalog, are your rpm points accurate? I have the signal (green) coming from the ignition signal to ecu and the scaling in the software is set for 6 cyl. but my data show 7k-7.5k at times where as I haven't reved higher than 5.5k. Has anyone else had this problem?
Any solutions?
Thanks,
Brian W-88T

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
I'm using the IGf signal and I used the wiring diagram. I'm just wondering why the numbers are off by such a large amount. Is everyone else getting accurate rpm readings?

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
I just got my zt2 in the mail... it has a 'Wideband Analog Output'

if it doesn't work with my e01, can i hook it upto my Autometer A/F gauge? Right now its just a light show, but I don't have anything to replace it...

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
Justin said:
I just got my zt2 in the mail... it has a 'Wideband Analog Output'

if it doesn't work with my e01, can i hook it upto my Autometer A/F gauge? Right now its just a light show, but I don't have anything to replace it...

i put this in here and changed the thread title...try and keep all the zt2 discussion to one informative thread. :D

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
Ideal - but you didn't include the very first post on it ;)
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100

isnms said:
Zeitronix ZT-2 Wideband
MKIII detailed installation instructions
*verify your own wiring*

Zeitronix Zt2 for MKIII.pdf (200KB)

Justin Yes the adapter should work
also, it won't work if you connect the green rpm wire to the pin labeled rpm on the ecu connector. it needs to go to igf or igt. check the linked pdf above.

I painted my zt-2 case a flat black
click pic:

oldschool85

1fstmk2
Mar 30, 2005
Denver, PA
a quick question....how are you some of you guys using the zt2's 02 sensor in place of the stock 02 sensor? i know you guys are feeding the signal from the wideband to the stock 02 wire at the ecu but which wire from the WB goes there.

charlie

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
isnms said:
Ideal - but you didn't include the very first post on it ;)
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100

Justin Yes the adapter should work
also, it won't work if you connect the green rpm wire to the pin labeled rpm on the ecu connector. it needs to go to igf or igt. check the linked pdf above.

I painted my zt-2 case a flat black
click pic:

heh good call thanks for putting the link in here...i wont merge them though...and i didnt see that one otherwise i would have ;) feel free to do so if you would like though...

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
oldschool85 - I did not replace the stock, I'm running both. My highflow cat had a o2 bung already, that's where I put it.
If you want to use the wideband to feed the ecu. You need to use the purple wire. But I did not research which exact wire on the ecu you need to tap it to. Also be aware that there have been mixed results on how well it works with our ecu anyway.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
Case looks good there... I had a perfect place picked out... didnt' realize it was so damned big! the electronics arn't to bad but the case is really big

I think i'm going to mount that an my e01 in my glove box. *shrug* dunno where else. but i don't want either of them stickin out like a sore thumb.

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
^"sore thumb", exactly. that's why i painted mine. but if you do, use a couple of strips of masking tape to cover the outside of the display window...and...the inside. I didn't do the inside and some overspray drifted in. can't really see it, so it's not to bad, but i know it's there :(

oldschool85

1fstmk2
Mar 30, 2005
Denver, PA
hmm well i didnt mean that my response/question towards you. If only the site wasnt hacked into i could find the username that did this. it sounds easy to do and very simple and clean so if anyone knows how to do it please let me know. I think it would just be the af input wire though that you hack into.

charlie

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
I had such a perfect idea, but i don't wanna mess up both vents :( I'm bitter :)

1. What's TCCS stand for? I know what it is, what's it stand for though?

2. In that PDF provided, what year is that for? Looks... like 89+