Group A's group a rebuild

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
here we are ladies and gents the gt42r has turned up so i ca get cracking now tba on the build up is a year but hell this will be worth it target is 9 sec quarters tell me all what you think

Attachments

• MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 1,231
  • billings08.jpg
    billings08.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,220
  • MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 826
  • MVC-019S.JPG
    MVC-019S.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 875
  • MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,158

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
internal specs are as follows
gpa block all internally polished
gpa head ported polished
gpa crank, rods trd mahle short skirt pistons
gpa bearings shells
stainless valves
gpa cams 284 duration 12.5 mm lift
gpa magnesium pulleys
gpa non a/c bottom pulley dampened
16 row mocal oil cooler engine
12 row mocal oil cooler pas
blitz sus filter
currently building 4 inch hard pipe kit yet to order bigger intercooler
in car stainless tank being built as we speak
loads more just need some one to remind me
oh yes building new loom foe motec m48

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
I Was Kind Of Hoping To Make And Break 1000rwhp Its A Tall Order But I Have The Right Engine Spec And Accilaries Oops Spelt That Wrong So Just Lots Of Hard Work An Ensure That It Will Survive 30+ Pounds If Boost By Getting The Fueling And Lagging Everything To Keep Temps Down

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
wow. must be nice to have all those super-crazy parts....i think if you get things tuned right 1krwhp isn't out of the question....though you'll probably have to rev past 7500 or so to make any use of that turbo....maybe i should go run the compressor map....

either way, sweet parts. get it all put together right!

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
Thanks Dr I Will Incedentley We Will Be Going To 8.5k As Group A Cams Require Shim Under Bucket Which We Have In Place Already But Nice To Have The Approval Of A Respected Member Of The Forum
Have Also Changed The Springs To Much Higher Rating To Avoid Any How One Might Say Bounceage

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
GrpA: LMAO couldn't find a bigger Turbo? :D
(What are you doing for an IC that HKS one doesn't look up to the job as the in and outs look like 75mm?)

I love it and will follow this thread closely thanks for posting!

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
Ij You Are Dead Right Need Bigger Intercooler Having Same Width And Hight But 4 Inch Depth
And You Wernt Far Out Tubing Was 70 Mm All Through From My Old T04 E And Thanks For The Compliment Will We Have A Thread That Lasts For The Whole Of Build Up Hope So

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
GrpA: I remember seeing an IC that had dual 3" in and outs somewhere and was thinking this might be an alternative with a nice Y pipe from the 4" to the dual 3".

Not going to be a fun job routing the 4" pipes no matter how you go about it ;)!

Thought you would have ditched the pressure based cooler circuit for a temp based one?

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
Well I Thought About It Then Changed My Mind I Might Go And Change The Oil Cooler Again Though For A 36 Row Ill Be Able To Keep An Eye On It As I Will Be Running The Obligatory Gauges
But I Am Going To Loose The Water Pump As Going For Davies Craig Elecric Job With Dash Operated Temp Control Radiator Will Be Flu Or Pwr Going To Make Custom Alloy Fan Housings And Try To Squeeze 2 13 Inch 2800cfm Jobs In If Gets Hot Then Well Hell I Dont Know

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I use an NA filter mount then go out to a remote filter and oil cooler with a T Stat in line, the pressure based system is assbackwards as it's bypassing the oil to the cooler when it's cold and thick ;)!

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
Fair Point Might Look Into That When Its Built But At The Min Have So Much To Do Cant Cope With To Many Thoughts
By The Way Did You Notice That As Far As I Know And Thanks To Supragirl (suze) I Think I Have The Only Uk Car Ie Not Imported With 89+ Tailights Result
I Am Also Going With 4 Inch Tube For Inlet Cause I Like A Challenge And Think I Have Sorted A Root Out
Has Anyone Else Gt42r Ed A 7m

Attachments

• MVC-031S.JPG
    MVC-031S.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 350

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
LOL the oiling system is the one place I'd spend as much time on as needed now as it's about the only real achillies heel in the 7M (apart from the HG)!

I also run a Moroso 3qt accumulator T'd into the main line into the oil gallery (just in case)

I still crak up each time I see the Compressor out on a 42 :)! (man that's HUGE)

Isn't the Compressor in 5"?

Suze notices these things!

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
Right Ij The Specs Are As Follows
Exhaust 4 Inch
Cold Side To Intercooler 4 Inch
And Airfilter Inlet 5 Inch
Might Have To Buy Secon Blitz Sus Filter Not Sure One Will Cope But Then Again Not Sure If Ill Have Room For Second
Sometimes I Wish I Had Not Made That 4 Inch Exhaust Cause That Is What Started It All Actually Thinking About Glad I Did

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I was looking at mine yesterday when I got the front off and if you moved the washer bottle to the hatch you build a nice air box in there then run a piece of 5" silicone down from the turbo in.....