You's Guys in Hampton Roads! Answer your phones!

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Calling on my local buddies in Hampton Roads!!!

Since some of you don't respond to phone calls or texts, I'll put this here.

I'll be needing just a little help (not much really) on the new Supra in a few weeks, maybe some parts to borrow just to get her to the Meet. I'm closer than I thought, just a few things here and there. Mainly labor though which I will be doing on my own mostly. :love: (labor's of love these Supras are.)

Parts I may need to buy or borrow locally (but have no $$$ right now so these are planning ahead lists):
1) A 1jz/2jz compatible IC setup. Hell, I'll adapt random pipes if need be!
2) 1jz ECU
3) 2nd Cam position sensor, but I'm sure I'll buy this before the meet
4) A 1jz engine gasket set! lol I plan on buying one, but who knows what yall have laying around (like maybe a stock 1jz mhg? lol)
5) Radiator, unless mine is still in my car.... Will have to check with Mark...
6) Coil Packs and wires for a 1jz/2jz! I may source these before the meet so no big
7) A stock 7m clutch (unused please? lol)
8) A 1jz R154 bellhousing. This is probably the biggest piece I need to buy.
9) Stock 1jz exhaust/downpipe
10) Stock fuel setup (I have a rail, injectors and lines - need a damper and w/e else)

I know I've both borrowed and lent parts in the past/present, and what else are friends for? Let me know if you need something and want to trade, I may have it laying around or in storage!

And btw... ANSWER YOUR PHONES DAMMIT! lol See you guys sometime in the next couple of weeks!

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
soundslikesemi87;1693231 said:
uhh...that's not close to finished at all. You have $$$ in parts that you need to buy still, and sounds like you haven't even assembled anything haha. GL though, I still need to get my accord running so I can have a dd.

It's all a matter of budgeting! And staying positive. Living off of Ramen is a big thing too... lol That and I'll be putting up some for-sale stuff here soon since I have a bunch of parts I am not using.

But as for assembly (without rushing) it will only take me a day to assemble the motor, put it in the car, and begin wire prep. Maybe two (cleaning and prepping done before hand of course). I'll be pinning the harness pretty soon along with my current connectors for the MA70 body. Already have a couple hundred feet of wiring, and tons of vacuum hosing too.

Let me know if you need help. The MR2 is getting a new oil cooler gasket this Saturday since it's been leaking since the last MRSO meet.

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
We are here:sadwavey: we just are kinda tied up with our projects and it is CRUNCH time. As for your parts...

1) Source a stock one from the forums usually for under $100
2) Pop up all the time on the forums around $250
3) I recommend new ones bro
4) These things are rare and not gonna be just "laying" around, DM has them on back order... Get your $ right and I might be able to hook this up :naughty:
5) 1jz run the temp sensor in the rad. Mark might be able to cut and Weld a spot for it.
6) Set on ebay right now for $130
7) Stock unused????? I have a used stock clutch work fine when it was in $75? or $55 and a Jersey Mikes Philly Sub and Slurpee :icon_razz
8) Toyota/ or DM bro thats the only way
9) Most are rusted. I did know someone a while ago trying to sell for $50. Put a wanted add out and he might reply.
10) Might have a dampnerlet me check tomorrow.

This is all advice based on your budget...

Last edited:

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Haha yeah I know. I'm in the process of using all of those, but I'm done for at least two weeks. Once I'm ready to roll again, I'll jump on what I can find. I figured I'd ask because I never know who's got what locally, ya know?

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
sixpatch;1704609 said:
pushin about 300hp and 320ft-lbs- Oh wait. Oops ::shrug:: You were talking about London weren't you. :3d_frown: I gotta stop doing that.

You guys torture me..... : , (

Car status is currently down for a while. Bills and crap out of hand. My rent and utilities are more than I was told, so I'm fighting that.

I may be getting rid of my storage unit, but we shall see. Would save me a little bit and give me more motivation to work on the car when it's at home with me. *Edit* Once I have the bellhousing and gasket kit and engine back from the shop...

The engine is completed at the shop, all I need is a harmonic balancer for him to complete the balancing. Then I just need to assemble with a gasket kit (already has rings and bearings) and drop it in the car... So close, yet so far. I'm taking my time and not stressing it yet. Even though it's killing me. lol