upgrade head unit

Nyborg

Jan 17, 2014
Ottawa
Basic question ...am i rewiring a harness to use a 98 to 02 camry etc. head unit.I beleive the plug(10 and 6) are the same but what about the routing?..Have also been looking for a list of radios that can be used.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
What do you mean by routing?

I used to have a radio out of a first generation Sequoia in my Supra and it worked perfectly. Even matched the green interior lighting. There are multiple Scion headunits you can use too.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
If the plugs are the same, then yes it should be plug and play. I believe all Toyota stereo wiring harness' were standardized in 1987.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
No problem. I understand wanting to keep Toyota OEM looking parts in it. That was originally my plan, but I have since gone to a touchscreen unit with bluetooth and I have no regrets. If you get a quality one it won't look cheap and the bluetooth is wonderful.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
supraguy@aol;2030039 said:
Your spotless interior angers me greatly.

Haha, thanks. I try and keep it as clean as I can. It's all original except for the shift boot, ebrake boot, center console cover, and shift knob.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Toyota radios were manufactured by Fujitsu Ten. At least they use to be. Either way, they kept the same plugs. Therefore Eclipse decks are plug and play for our cars. That's what I've always use for ease of installation....plus they had some great sounding decks.

Nyborg

Jan 17, 2014
Ottawa
Like the look of the oe deck...will get a "cd changer" deck so i van use my ipac interface from my old car.....and yeah..really clean.