Supra vrs. SRT4 (Video)

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
Doward;1226566 said:
Welded? I thought it was cast as one piece?
Yes it is definetly NOT welded, all cast togather. Considering one of my buddies up here in Lima had a completly bone stock SRT(no stages) and with a 100 shot, MBC, a set of shitty slicks, a jank as CAI, and Wastegate dump, ran a 11.6@121 at Norwalk, walked all over an NA-T MK4 with a 35r, along with a 2J swapped 6spd Mk3 with a 35r, AEM and supporting mods. So thats my experience with SRT's, and besides the fact that you have to try REAL hard to break em. Dont get me wrong I HATE them for what they are, but to see fellow supra's get their asses handed to em, you have to give respect where respect is due.

7mboost- i didnt mean to come off as an ass, dont take it the wrong way, sorry.:biglaugh:

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
TheNewRed;1226923 said:
Yes it is definetly NOT welded, all cast togather. Considering one of my buddies up here in Lima had a completly bone stock SRT(no stages) and with a 100 shot, MBC, a set of shitty slicks, a jank as CAI, and Wastegate dump, ran a 11.6@121 at Norwalk, walked all over an NA-T MK4 with a 35r, along with a 2J swapped 6spd Mk3 with a 35r, AEM and supporting mods. So thats my experience with SRT's, and besides the fact that you have to try REAL hard to break em. Dont get me wrong I HATE them for what they are, but to see fellow supra's get their asses handed to em, you have to give respect where respect is due.

7mboost- i didnt mean to come off as an ass, dont take it the wrong way, sorry.:biglaugh:

You talkin about Boris?

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
TheNewRed;1226923 said:

The majority of the srt-4's around here have had tranny work done (repair) on them.

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
Setheroo;1226950 said:
You talkin about Boris?

I am talking about Boris. If they need tranny work, its usually covered under warranty, atleast the last time i checked.

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
well they are very light for the power they make, which is why they are so quick. basically a slightly heavier/ballsier honda.
2500 lbs vs 3600 lbs.. similar power levels... hmmm obviously lighter is gonna win

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
RockPaperSwoRD;1228653 said:
well they are very light for the power they make, which is why they are so quick. basically a slightly heavier/ballsier honda.
2500 lbs vs 3600 lbs.. similar power levels... hmmm obviously lighter is gonna win

Hence, the only reason my Redline is quick...

Damn that Tupperware container...

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
7Mboost, what color was that SRT, and where did this race take place? Was a guy named Aaron around, works for Hefner performance?

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey

Don't forget gearing ;)

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL

...Looks like raw power took the outcome of this race..

TheNewRed;1228941 said:
7Mboost, what color was that SRT, and where did this race take place? Was a guy named Aaron around, works for Hefner performance?

Central FL, I doubt it was Heffner Performance. Believe it or not I thought this car was a total fucking joke, he has fucking green underglow! I think and hope he uses it to be sleeper..

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
7Mboost;1229255 said:
Central FL, I doubt it was Heffner Performance. Believe it or not I thought this car was a total fucking joke, he has fucking green underglow! I think and hope he uses it to be sleeper..

HAHAHA, those are the ones that'll get ya ;)! So yeah, Aaron used to go to UNOH he fabs manifolds for heffner now, and he was cruising around with his buddy the same not your race happened, and in the same area, and that car is far from bolt-ons!