side mounting rear speakers?

taka21

Feb 16, 2008
washington dc
ok so im trying to get some help with this one
i have a set of 5 1/4 pioneer components that im going to install in the doors
i also have two alpine 6.5's that i want to install in the rear of the car
im not really looking for glass shattering sound just somthing that sounds good playing techno, R&B, and rock
i also have a kenwood 12 that im custom installing into the false floor

having done some reasearch i have found that most ppl agree that there is no way to mount the 6.5's in the rear in the stock location
im thinking of installing them into the side of the rear panneling itself
like where the cloth is on the driver and passenger sides
i was just wondering if anyone on here forsees any issues with installing them that way

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
taka21;1148126 said:
ok so im trying to get some help with this one
i have a set of 5 1/4 pioneer components that im going to install in the doors
i also have two alpine 6.5's that i want to install in the rear of the car
im not really looking for glass shattering sound just somthing that sounds good playing techno, R&B, and rock
i also have a kenwood 12 that im custom installing into the false floor

having done some reasearch i have found that most ppl agree that there is no way to mount the 6.5's in the rear in the stock location
im thinking of installing them into the side of the rear panneling itself
like where the cloth is on the driver and passenger sides
i was just wondering if anyone on here forsees any issues with installing them that way

I see a few actually, but really its a matter of trusting yourself with it. You need to think this thru on will it work or not. First of all, is there enough depth for the speaker to actually go in? 2nd of all you are just adding speakers to a part of the car that was not designed for speakers so will they actually sound good? when you drill in for the speakers I assumed you wont take the pannels off so for some reason I have a feeling your back pannels might rattle so how will you be able to fix that?. Its not a bad idea and one I would prob consider myself, I have not looked at this area of my car yet to see whats up and answer those questions but you can... If you trust yourself with it go for it and keep us updated with pics if possible :) sounds interesting...

romaniello

Oct 28, 2005
Sanford, FL
And why do you want to put bigger speakers in the back? If anything, they should go in the front, where you want most of your sound to come from and where 6.5 do fit.