shut down my thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginglesturbo

Boost Nazi
Dec 1, 2007
Charlotte N.C.
ok maby i didnt respond quick enouigh or soemthing but my thread hot closed or maby it was because i cant type or i use "bad grammer" im sorry i actually work on my car and dont sit on this comp typing all day. and no im not selling my car to let someone else work on it i am a very experianced mechanic...and i do take offense to that. why dont you sell your car me so i can make it faster than yours and then we will see who is the better mechanic sorry if i cant type out what i mean but my car is just bein slow like i posted...but i have figured out the problem anyways it was just the pos autolite coppers and i know hks makes alot of parts but if u read what i said i was talkin bout the bov and personally i think all hks shit sucks... but that was no reason to shut down my thread...i use this forum for help not to argue with people.all i was lookin for was a good answer i know i may not be clear sometimes but you just have to bare with me

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Kai said:
Your thread was closed and moved to the wall of shame in off-topic because of it.

As this one is as well.

And since your last wall of shame thread didn't seem to get the point across, I'll try again:

Yes, this forum exists to help. But it has standards.

You will find more information about your car here than pretty much anywhere else. You'll also find more people around here willing to help you than you can shake a stick at. People will invest hours of their time to help you.

But they require something in return. Effort on your part. Basic punctuation. Minimal effort to describe the problem accurately, and that you put in at least some effort to find the answer on your own. Convince us that you aren't a waste of time. Because based upon what I've read so far, it appears you are.

Nobody here 'owes' you anything.

You've ranted on about how you are a "very experianced mechanic"

An experienced mechanic would know that you set timing as per the manual, not just arbitrarily high, especially on a turbo car.
An experienced mechanic would know that if something is wrong with the car, racing is the last thing it should be doing.
An experienced mechanic wouldn't say "no codes just 34 abnormal turbo pressure cause hks pos keeps fukin up".
An experienced mechanic would know that a code 34 indicated boost cut has occurred and you're risking blowing the motor.
An experienced mechanic wouldn't think that the answer to not hot enough spark would be "im runnin autolite coppers i think im gonna go buy some autolite platinums tomorow and see if that helps"

This kind of covers it:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=931904&postcount=15

The problem with your car isn't the HKS components on it. HKS is known for two things, having the absolute highest quality with the absolute highest prices to go along with it. That's why it's ofter written HK$. You're entitled to your opinion, but it's certainly an odd one. If there's something mechanically wrong with your HKS stuff, it will be a surprise. What you probably don't understand is how a blow off valve vented to atmosphere affects the running of an EFI engine.

What it appears you also don't understand is that a blow off valve has nothing to do with boost management and your code 34's are coming from something else. (Hint: A blow off valve can't cause a code 34...)

And this? "why dont you sell your car me so i can make it faster than yours and then we will see who is the better mechanic" - first and foremost, you likely aren't in the financial league to own any of our cars, and you certainly lack the mechanical aptitude to keep them running. You're the one with the fucked up car. If you are so fucking brilliant, why are you here? The only reason anyone suggested you sell your car is we hate to see a Supra get trashed, and you appear to be well on your way to destroying yours.

The bulk of the people replying to your thread have been building cars longer than you have been alive... When you were getting out of high school (provided you graduated), I was running a professional race team and building 1,200+ hp motors. Your lack of respect for other people's time, effort and experience coupled with the obvious blind spot you have towards your own lack in the same areas is impressive. You've got people posting in your thread that run 700 hp street cars and 2,500 + hp drag cars, and you're going to try to throw down on them? Go sell crazy someplace else please, there's a reason why your threads keep winding up on the Wall of Shame...

Again, I point out that we are all willing to help provided we get the impression that we aren't wasting our time. So, take a deep breath, and make a decision. You step up to our standards and get our help, or you leave and go find someplace with lower standards.

Just be aware that the quality of the help you get there will likely be proportionately lower as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.