Removing Trim?

One Jay Z

Supra Dupra
Dec 20, 2006
SK Canada
Hey guys (and gals). I dont know if its only the JDM supra's that have this problem, but, when i went to install my deck there is a stupid rubber trim in the way that is preventing me from putting the deck into the slot properly. For now i went around the back and kinda jammed it in, but the rubber is rubbing on the side of the faceplate when i go to change cd's etc.. (i have a motorized faceplate)... What is the best method to get rid of this rubber trim without it looking like a beaver chewed out my console?

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
You should never have to trim anything, you just need to adjust the deck correctly.... correct me if I am wrong, but your deck is only hitting on one side?

I have had about 4 different motorized face decks in my supra and not one has hit on the side, after I had fooled around with it for a few minutes.

my current deck (pioneer 9800) does not rub at all.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
Turbo. Targa. Life. said:
Could it be our Metra Dash kits Justin? Maybe other dash kits put it closer to the trim??

I use the stock ISO brackets with a Toyota pocket... no dash kit here :)

anyway, the face of the head unit should be a few mm narrower than the chassis of the head unit... The chassis of my pioneer buts right up against the bezel(or trim) but the face itself has about 1-2mm of clearance on either side... never had it hit once.