Removing stock stereo

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Hey Guys! I want to remove my stock stereo since it is not working. I kno many of u guys have done it. I tried to remove it but i had problem with taking the black cover 1st. I found 2 srews, one is on the left of the gear stick box and the other is under the emergency lights. Thats all i can find. So am i suppose to pry of the black cover after removing the 2 screws or there are many more. Feel free to leave any advice, thanks in advance

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
are you talking about that trim piece that goes around the shifter and around the temperature control and those other things? if so...there one on the driver's side by the seat(cant miss that one)...one on the right side of the steering wheel(feel around, you'll find it)...take the ashtray thing out and there two there...and i think that should be it...pull it apart and the clips will undo. careful not to yank it off too hard...the plugs to the switch and cig lighter need to be uncliped.
from there its easy to pull out the factory radio..4 bolts and you're good.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
aiite, i got all the the screws that u have stated, but its too dark now. have to wait till tomorrow. thanks for the advice