proud new supra owner

87matt

Feb 7, 2007
tucson,az
I have a aem wideband thats left over from the probe (back when I had it supercharged) the AFPR is also left over so I figured why not.

I hear you on the wideband though, first time I boosted the probe I didn't have one and thougt I was fine with an AFPR and a fmu. I learned alot form that one, turns out those fmu's don;t start to see boost till about 3psi. I was running 7psi so until about 3-4 psi I was running like 15.5:1 :aigo: that motor popped in about 3 months. I was younger and didn;t know jack about boost. I was like 22 then, I ripped out the a/c, and proceded to stick a benz 230 kompressor in the a/c location (the one that works off a clutch). back then I didn;t have a care in the world, blowing a motor and dropping another 300 dollar jy motor in there was nothing.

but anyways I would be a guinea pig. the worst that could happen is it doesn;t help any and you start over. :shrug: I will have to wait to buy anything for awhile, after all the stuff I just bought the wife's going to kill me when the ups guy shows up here everyday for a week. :icon_razz