No spark after head rebuild.

As the title states, I recently rebuilt my head for my 7m. I had it running but the timing kept jumping off at 1st and the car kept running really rough. I try to drive it home, which is less than a mile from the shop, but the car died at a red light about 1/2 a mile down the road and will not start back up. I immediately suspect that my cps or timing was off again. However, when i checked, it was all ok. I check my injectors as well and found out that the 1st and 2nd injector clips were switched around.(a friend from auto mech class was helping out and got them mixed up) I get the clips straightened out and try to start the car. It backfires once and starts up, however, after i changed spark plugs, which were fouled. It did not start anymore. It cranks, but does not start at all.

Me and my other friend suspect there's no spark and brought the timing light out, just to see if there are any sparks at all. Well, let's just say the light did not even slightly flicker haha. I then went ahead and changed the plug wires as well. But still, no luck with starting, and still no spark. I suspect either the coils, igniter, or a fuse is messed up. Anyone here have any advice or suggestions on which i should check out. You're help is deeply appreciated.

-Glenn

AW11inVa

Nov 15, 2007
Broadway Va
I am in the same boat. I cant get my 7M to start after head rebuild and HG. My car is possesed. The doors locked on their own last night an will not open by any means you would use to open locked doors. I am starting to think I should have stuck with MR2's

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
Post this in the 7m tech discussion section so that alot more people will see the thread instead of only the mideast people