No sound in car

91GTE

Supra Owner
Mar 31, 2006
Massachusetts
I have a problem where there is no sound coming out of the speaker or anything, At first, I suspected the CD player but the cd player works in my brothers rx7.

I've checked all the wiring and fuses. I need help, what could be the problem?

91GTE

Supra Owner
Mar 31, 2006
Massachusetts
theres no sound at all, it worked before when I just checked everything out and replace one fuse, and then when i went to assemble everything back it did it again. Checked everything again and im lost now. Sorry if i was unclear.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
maybe every speaker isn't working.

or more likely, you mixed up all of the speaker wires :)

Large connector:

Pin 1, green: front right speaker (+)
Pin 2, pink: front left speaker (+)
Pin 3, grey: +12V only when ignition switch is at ON or ACC
Pin 4, blue with yellow stripe: +12V, always on
Pin 5, blue: front right speaker (-)
Pin 6, violet: front left speaker (-)
Pin 7, brown: ground

Small connector:

Pin 1, red: rear right speaker (+)
Pin 2, black: rear left speaker (+)
Pin 3, white: rear right speaker (-)
Pin 6, yellow: rear left speaker (-)

Anth505

Failte
Apr 8, 2007
Toronto Ontario
You're going to have to give me some more info here. Are the speakers wired up directly to the deck or are they wired to an amp? Does your car have a factory amp? You say you changed a fuse and it worked...that would indicate that your speakers are wired to an amp. Which fuse did you replace?

How many speakers are in the car? What sort of wiring have you done? Have you only wired the deck to the factory wires, or have you run wires to the speakers yourself?

Does the deck turn on? What sort of head unit is it? Brand and model #. The reason I ask this is that my Alpine has an option to shut off the internal amplifier if I'm running external amps. It could be something as simple as that.

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
It doesn't necessarily mean he's running an external amp just because he replaced a fuse. Dome fuse controls the radio. Radio has a fuse as well. I'm going to assume that the connector isn't snapped in right. OR the pins aren't lining up in the connector. Snap together connectors from a circuit city or are they solder together connectors? Check your solder connections. Does the deck power on?