NO heater blower

H

Hofajoab

My heater blower does not work in any position at all, bit of a nightmare really. I've checked all my fuses and they're all ok but before i strip out the dash to check if the blower is working ok itself i want to know about these circuit breakers? i've heard the circuit breaker can trip and you need to reset it with a needle or something similar but i have no idea which one it is? and where to insert the pin.

I've had a look and i presume it's the silver round things in the fuse box? or are these some type of old school relays?

It's a UK N/A so any help to identify which one it is would be appreciated, or if anyone knows the solution to the problem!

(too cold and wet to adventure outside to find something i don't know what i'm looking for lol)

ty.

heavyearly87t

Mr.Url
Mar 31, 2005
Edmonton Alberta Canada Eh?

Attachments

• blower.gif
    blower.gif
    20 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
H

Hofajoab

ok that was broken, on the low setting, so i got that fixed.

the blower still isn't working, the fuse, relay and circuit breaker are ok.

The 2-pin plug that goes into the blower motor just under the glovebox seems to have 12volts going to it when i have it on LOW, I, II... HIGH etc, so i presume my actual blower is buggered?

heavyearly87t

Mr.Url
Mar 31, 2005
Edmonton Alberta Canada Eh?
Hofajoab said:
ok that was broken, on the low setting, so i got that fixed.

the blower still isn't working, the fuse, relay and circuit breaker are ok.

The 2-pin plug that goes into the blower motor just under the glovebox seems to have 12volts going to it when i have it on LOW, I, II... HIGH etc, so i presume my actual blower is buggered?

That would be a safe guess. Mine had totally quit at the same time. It will not be too hard to get the motor out and check the bushing/brushes in the motor. If it is the original it will be dead. Oh, try to get the best replacement you can. I went with a cheap after market brand & it works but sounds allot louder. It could be that the old fan was quieter because it was not working well. :icon_roll

Keep us informed.

H

Hofajoab

no probs, absolutely no response from the blower at all, completely boogered i would think.

I'll probably get one from the scrapyard as there's 2 supras there, see how that goes as i need one soonish.. plus i don't know how much Toyota would charge...

ah well whatever one i get, scrapyard, toyota dealer, or aftermarket.. it's going to be louder that the one i have just now lol