New Speakers!

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Well, I'm in the process of getting my good speakers in, I had been using a temporary setup since I bought the car in may.

Temporary Setup:
Head Unit: Sony GTX-500
Front: Alpine Type-S 4" 2-Way Coaxials
Rear: Sony XS-V1342A 5.25" 4-Way Coaxials
Speaker Amp: Sony 30Wx2 MOSFET amp (came with the car, tiny, running rear speakers)
Sub: JL Audio W0-4 12"
Sub Amp: JL Audio e1200

New Setup:
Head Unit: JVC Double Din 6.5" LCD screen
Front: Focal Polyglass 165 V1 6.5" Seperate 2-Way Component
Rear: Focal Access 1 130 CA1 5.25" 2-Way Coaxial
Speaker Amp: JL Audio 300/4
Sub: JL Audio 12" W7
Sub Amp: JL Audio 1000/1

The sub will be enclosed in a molded fiberglass enclouser sitting in the middle of the hatch with the two JL Audio amp's sort of angled across the back seat attatched to the molded enclouser, and they will be staggered with the larger 1000/1 amp below the the 300/4. I have the rear speakers already installed and will be getting the front ones installed on october 3rd (I'm getting an alarm installed at the same time, so they can work out making a bracket for the 6.5" speaker.) The Subwoofer and amps will come next year, my current sub will be fine for now as I'm not competing or anything, and I have a few other things I am going to do to the car first (rims, tires, suspension paint, interior, turbo swap, turbo upgrades :evil2: ... etc etc etc) So the $4000 sub and amp setup will have to wait hahah

Any audio guru's have any comments or suggestions for this setup? The Focal speakers sound absolutely amazing and I can't wait to get the other two installed.

Last edited: