new 89 Supra owner in the dfw

blackgraz

Racecar Driver
Nov 13, 2006
DFW Texas
anyways im waiting on for my new engine to get to the shop for my new 89 supra (non-turbo) anyways i bought the car for $500 (but i know why now) Buying it i knew it had a BHG but i didnt know the first cylinder was dead. So I guess this is turning into a project daily driver. Little by little ill be getting new things to make this car better looking i know its not a looker now but maybe one day it will be. Keeping in mind im a full time college student and don't have much money anyways i got new fenders for it as of now. but anyways see you guys in the threads!!
(this is how i bought it its STILL in the shop) hopefullly ill be getting it out this week)

p432370_1.jpg

p432370_2.jpg

p432370_3.jpg

p432370_4.jpg

p432370_5.jpg

p432370_6.jpg

p432370_7.jpg

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Glad to see another DFW guy on here. I bought my 89 N/A with a rod knock. Swapped a used engine into it, also had a knock. Swapped another used engine into it, no knock but BHG. So they gave me one of the knocking engines and I took the head off of it and it's currently getting resurfaced before I start my HG repair. Where abouts in the DFW area do you live. Maybe we can help each other out sometime. Here's a couple of pics of mine. Good luck with you project. You've got a good base to start with.
p432624_1.jpg

p432624_2.jpg

p432624_3.jpg

angrydrone

I'm a real Canadian
Mar 11, 2006
Ft. Worth/College Station
Wow more and more DFW guys keep popping up! If either of you guys need some help with your cars, just set up a date and I'm sure some of us would be able to come help you. It would be fun.

Most of the meets we set up are done over on www.dfwmkiv.com

Chris

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
angrydrone said:
Wow more and more DFW guys keep popping up! If either of you guys need some help with your cars, just set up a date and I'm sure some of us would be able to come help you. It would be fun.

Most of the meets we set up are done over on www.dfwmkiv.com

Chris

I'll probably need some help replacing a head gasket. I'll furnish the beer, if you're of legal age of course. Ken