My BIGGEST project ever... lots of pain and lots of pics lol

sportinct26

Jan 15, 2006
cali
well i was finally able to put the engine together.

i couldnt machine the block so i just cleaned it up and used a stock head gasket.

p353605_1.jpg

p353605_2.jpg

p353605_3.jpg

p353605_4.jpg

drop her in atlast.
p353605_5.jpg

p353605_6.jpg

sportinct26

Jan 15, 2006
cali
thx for guys.

and i actually am running late. my plan was to get everything hook up and get her running today. but got as almost hooking everything up.

tomorow im just going to connect some wires and fill her up and start her up.

hopefully all goes well :biglaugh:

and then tune it via wideband/safc

chriso

Supranian
Apr 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Yes, Yellow, that is "Shadow Gray", I saw it personally.

You should change the clutch fan to a turbo version (10-blade) and I think I would have taken my chances on a MHG even though you didn't machine the block. The stock hg probably won't hold up to that monster turbo strapped to the side.

It looks awesome however. You did that pretty fast, even though it was a lot of work. I wish I had that much time on my hands.

Good luck with it.

sportinct26

Jan 15, 2006
cali
well today i barely got enuff time to work on her. so i swap the front side panels due to a damage panels from an accident, fix my bumper/lip so its not all hanging like crap and primered both panels, upper bumper/lip/what ever you call it, bumper to make it look half decent lol.

and then i started on my intercooler piping.

all i was aiming for today was to get the intake side so that i can put the bumper on. and all went well. well i was late for school for like 20 minutes but its all good lol.

picture time.

p354649_1.jpg

he he my 91 power steering cooler fits as planed :biglaugh:
p354649_2.jpg

p354649_3.jpg

p354649_4.jpg

NOTE the silicon that u see is just there to prevent rubbing of the IC to body. its from the left over cut from my 90 elbow so theres no cut there. the cut is more lower down
p354649_5.jpg

OK OK so i decided to snap a picture when i was rushing to cleanup. ill take a better pics tomorow
p354649_6.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Really looking good. I have a stock hg on my car and it has worked well for about six months now. I've booste 18 psi on it a few times as well. Hopefully it is stronger than some people give it credit for. Good luck with the rest of the job you've got in front of you..................lol

sportinct26

Jan 15, 2006
cali
suprahero said:
Really looking good. I have a stock hg on my car and it has worked well for about six months now. I've booste 18 psi on it a few times as well. Hopefully it is stronger than some people give it credit for. Good luck with the rest of the job you've got in front of you..................lol

ha ha yeah i actually had goodluck with them... as long as they are torque good and dont put in abuse ae: 20+ psi they will do.

I actually REUSE a STOCK head gasket once lol... my old 87 had it since i was broke as hell when the JDM 7m blew the head gasket. YES i use that stock head gasket. cleaned it and use copper sealer thingy in a can. and it work great. i was driving her for about 6 months b4 i sold her on that gasket. i was surprice since i was running 15-18 psi daily on it lol... i gave it 1 month but it lasted a while... i dont even know for how long since i sold it. so my guess is 6+ months lol...

would i recomend it? hell no lol... but if your broke as hell and need a car to get to work n school and dont mind doing it again, go for it. lol money spent btw was $10 lol.. all labor/cleaning on me.