Megan Track Series, BC Racing or Stance Super Sport Coilovers

SmithElite12s

Feb 27, 2012
West Fargo, ND
So I have been trying to decide between these 3 coilovers for the last few weeks and can't decide. Also it just so happens that the week I decided to purchase one THMotorsports is also having a sale on them all. I'm looking to make my car strictly for track (drifting to be exact) use later down the road but for now it's my summer toy and occasional track car. There's only a few differences that I see between the three:

Mounts:
Megan track- pillow ball front and rear
BC racing- rubber all around
Stance SS- (not 100% sure on this one) pillow front and rubber rear

Spring rates:
Megan track- 18k/14k
BC- 14k/8k
Stance SS- 14k/10k

Damping adjustment:
Megan- 32 levels
BC- 30 levels
Stance- 15 or 16 levels

Besides that I believe they are all monotube design (stance is inverted though) and all have separate ride height adjustment as to avoid stiffening and softening the spring for ride height adjustment and they are all around the $1000 range.

So what's going to perform the best? I would like to know soon so I can order them early this week.

Last edited:

SmithElite12s

Feb 27, 2012
West Fargo, ND
I was going to get Powered by Max coilovers but when I asked them they wouldn't have any in stock for about 6 weeks, that was 3 weeks ago and I needed a set for Sept. 6th. Unless someone knows a dealer (THMotorsports, MVP Motorsports etc.) that has some in the warehouse. That's the only reason why PBMs aren't one of my options.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
If you haven't bought already, I've owned both the Megans and Stance SS. The Stance have pillow ball mounts all around if I recall, but it's been about a year since I installed them, so I may be mistaken.

As for performance, the Megan's were decent enough for the price, but the Stance I've found to be much more comfortable and suit my driving better. Seem to be easier to control when the car does get sideways as well...

SmithElite12s

Feb 27, 2012
West Fargo, ND
I used them while drifting and I adjusted my dampening to a setting that another mk3 drifter suggested and I didn't play with it because I was more focused on learning the driving portion. But once I got to do the autocross event a few weeks later I had great handling and performance out of them and throughout the day I cranked up the dampening. By the end of the event I was at 7 in the front and 4 in the rear (0 stiffest and 30 softest). Car handled great.

BrownMK3Kid

Dec 12, 2010
Tampa Florida
Thank God you didnt get megans. I have a blown set right now in my garage. Rode and handled like absolute garbage. and megan tracks, pbm's, and the rear bc's are all twin tube.