MA70 vs VW GT

Mikael_7m

Built 7M
Apr 26, 2009
Australia
before my bhg.... :(
I saw a VW GT (1.4 litre supercharged and turbocharged - approx 125kw) pacing me on the way to the shops so decided to give him a run.
From the lights we took of normal and then we both hit it from bout 10kph in first gear and i pulled him by about 1.5 car lengths.
Now, yes I did have a slightly slipping clutch and bhg symptoms but he kept up pretty well! how come and is this normal! :1zhelp:
My mods are in my sig.

7mgtorC

Formerly SupraMann
Mar 5, 2008
California
huge weight difference, you never know how much he was boosting, and by the sounds of it your cars probably not that healthy.

Mikael_7m

Built 7M
Apr 26, 2009
Australia
yeah I assumed my car wouldnt have been at its best, but i still thought i would have eaten him alive...lol maybe too much under-estimation! :biglaugh:

SC Rydah

Sep 20, 2008
New Jersey
SupraMann;1373299 said:
huge weight difference, you never know how much he was boosting, and by the sounds of it your cars probably not that healthy.

Yeah brother. WEIGHT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE!! That's why the mk4 is so nice! My MK3 is goin on a diet in the near future...

7mgtorC

Formerly SupraMann
Mar 5, 2008
California
SC Rydah;1374408 said:
Yeah brother. WEIGHT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE!! That's why the mk4 is so nice! My MK3 is goin on a diet in the near future...

Yup my 7ms gutted and on BPU's, and its making some good damage. I took an Evo 9 today, and a 03GT as well. Im pretty sure thats attributed to the fact im gutted.

Mikael_7m

Built 7M
Apr 26, 2009
Australia
Yup my 7ms gutted and on BPU's, and its making some good damage. I took an Evo 9 today, and a 03GT as well. Im pretty sure thats attributed to the fact im gutted.

Yeah but just how much weight can you remove from our cars without making it too much of a compromise. i.e no rear seats and stuff.
Like what have you removed?

7mgtorC

Formerly SupraMann
Mar 5, 2008
California
Mikael_7m;1374498 said:
Yeah but just how much weight can you remove from our cars without making it too much of a compromise. i.e no rear seats and stuff.
Like what have you removed?

Yeah i get you., And its true. But when i bought the shell everything came in pieces so ive only gotten arround putting the door panels and front seats. NOTHING else. So i guess ive just gotten used to it. Its a project lol

this is how it looked when i cleaned it up a little.. then i painted everything inside black., and put the two seats. You can see the door panels..

p1374572_1.jpg

Mikael_7m

Built 7M
Apr 26, 2009
Australia
SupraMann;1374572 said:
Yeah i get you., And its true. But when i bought the shell everything came in pieces so ive only gotten arround putting the door panels and front seats. NOTHING else. So i guess ive just gotten used to it. Its a project lol

this is how it looked when i cleaned it up a little.. then i painted everything inside black., and put the two seats. You can see the door panels..

p1374949_1.jpg

Holy Hell, I can see why your a little lighter than normal! lol :biglaugh:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Did you only race in first gear? That's not the best comparison.

The real test would be to go thru the gears. I'll bet that if you would've got to the top of third gear, you would've seen the difference you were looking for.

7mgtorC

Formerly SupraMann
Mar 5, 2008
California
CajunKenny;1376441 said:

The real test would be to go thru the gears. I'll bet that if you would've got to the top of third gear, you would've seen the difference you were looking for.

Thats true.. i dont stick in first gear. Second is when i really get moving.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
SupraMann;1376409 said:
^ LOL!.. used to it. Feels good to lose weight.

That it does, lol. I didn't go as drastic as you, but after you pull almost 200lbs from the car, you feel a pretty good difference.

Mikael_7m

Built 7M
Apr 26, 2009
Australia
CajunKenny;1376441 said:

No no I raced this dude up to bout 110 or bout third gear...