Kentucky Supras Spring Meet

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
This meet will be in Louisville KY/Southern IN area. Looking at the end of May or 1st week in June. Those of you considering Dyno runs. Would you perfer DynoJet or Mustang Dyno & will Racing gas be an issue? As of now I'm considering sat 6/4 & sun 6/5. Meeting up early Sat. afternoon & heading to Ohio Valley Dragway for the Import shoot out & then again on Sunday for the Dyno & BBQ. It will cost $10 to watch & $30 to run but you have a shot at winning $350. This is just a consideration & your input & ideas are encouraged.

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
Ok the date is set for the 1st weekend of June. The events planed are: Dyno runs,Drag Racing, Show n Shine, BBQ, group photos, fun run & flyby/driving videos. I'm working on getting sponsership so that prizes for High HP Dyno & free raffel can be given out. As of now I'm 75% sure that will work out. Still working on the exact day & time of the events.

I seen that Supradupra was wanting to get a meet together for drag Racing on Fri 6/3 in INDY so I PM'd him about putting both together. Indy & Louisville are about 1.5-2 hrs apart so kinda makes since. Once I get word from him I'll set the event times up.

Steve

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
6/3 Friday- Indianapolis Raceway Park (IRP) 5pm-close
Directions to IRP

6/4 Sat. - Meet & Great, Fun Run & BBQ - 1pm
We will meet at Cox's park on River Rd in Louisville at 1pm. Directions Cox Park Cox's park is right on the bank of the Ohio river just 5mi NE of Down Town louisville. We will hang out for a cpl hours giving folks time to chat, check out each others cars & to relax. Bring your self drinks & snacks if you would like. We will be taking part of the group Photos & video also.

Fun Run - From Cox's park we will head out on our Fun Run. While This will not be a Cannonball it will comprise of a fairly hasty drive pushing the limits of the law through some wooded twesty back roads & open freeway sprints. After the fun run we will meet up at the Old Winn Dixie parking lot at 4640 Taylersville Rd. It sits between Target & Hollywood Video. Click for Map There we will regroup & let the cars cool down. Also there are a cpl real nice car washes close buy if you feel the need to tidy up.

BBQ/Cook out-
From here we will caravan to the BBQ/Cook out. This will be held at Daves (dbSupras) place. The BBQ should start around 6pm & run into the night. After for those up to it we can hit the local street racing/cruse sceen.

Tell me what you want as for the food. (1st Choice) I have Catering lined up from an Awsome BBQ restarant. For 20+ people it will run $11.49 a person. This includes a big pulled pork sandwach, 1/2 slab of baby back ribs, baked beans, potato salad, corn on the cob, desert & drinks. For this price we need at least 20 people & I will need everyone to prepay via paypal by may 31st. (2nd Choice) Down home cook out with bergers, hotdogs,chips, desert & drinks. This should run about $7 a person. LMK your flaver. If you would like beer are stronger your invited to BYOB.

Rules & etiquette for BBQ- The BBQ will be hosted at a forum members home. Please act accordingly & with respect as you would want at your home. Everyone is expected to help with clean up. This is focused as an adult social gathering so please leave any young children with a baby sitter. Drugs are not welcome! Please limit public nudity to the females of the group.

6/5 - Sunday Dyno Day at Clemons Racing in New Albany IN. 11am-4pm
We will meet at 11am at Clemons racing 5507 Grant line rd New Albany IN 812-941-0081 Map/directions The Dyno Runs will be on a DynoJet with wide band. Racing Fuel is avilable. Contact dbSupra for info.

Please RSVP if you can make the event. I need to know how many will dyno so dbSupra & I can set this event up correctly & work out the cost for runs. I also need to get your input on BBQ so I will know if you want the BBQ catering or cookout. Please email me the events you will attend & if you will have guest.
Click to RSVP

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
Thought I would let you know that the Meet is now being sponsered by Elmhurst Toyota. A big thanks to Curt Aigner for his help & support of the Supra Community. :bigthumb:

Sponsers as of now:

Elmhurst Toyota
Kentuckiana Supras

bobtsgt

Apr 26, 2005
Yeah!!! Can Jon and I be housed at Dave's. We want to meet and greet his neighbors. Oh yeah!!! Gigidy Gigidy

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
We have been getting a good response regarding the BBQ but we are still not at the 20 people. Due to my error I need the BBQ $ in no later then Fri. 5/27. I forgot that it takes 3-4 days to xfer the $ from paypal acct to a bank acct. So please if you are going to attend the BBQ & will pay via PayPal please do so no later then this Friday 5/27. A few folks have requested to send funds other then Paypal & that is fine. I will need the money order on or before Thu 6/2
Remember it is $11.49 a person. See prev. post as to what it includes.

Mail Money Order to:
Steve Nakos
3501-D Fenwick Park Place.
Louisville KY 40220.

If we don't get at least 20 people (which I doubt) I will refund all the paypal payments & return the MO's

Thanks
Steve

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
Oh the meet will happen with or w/o there money. Just won't be a BBQ & that will be a shame. For everything that comes with it for $11.49 can't be beat. If we don't get the 20 then we will just have a cookout & split up the cost for everything that day. Just got the stuff Curt Aigner at Elmhurst Toyota sent us. Wow, he hooked us up real good. Also I put abunch of stuff together on behalf of Kentuckiana Supras. Looks like there will be abunch of happy Supra Owners on Sat night.

bobtsgt

Apr 26, 2005
Come on people. I just put up some cash enough to fill 2 spots. Get you money in. Its only $11.50. I'm sure you can afford it.

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
I have 19 people down for the BBQ. Of those 19 I'm waiting on Money Orders from 3. So if those 3 don't back out & we get 1 more then we will be set.

As of now I have 13 spots reserved for dyno pulls. So 13 people on the dyno & another 19 watching.

Steve