HY35 (he351Cw) can this be purchased with Divide Housing?

YYCSupra

Getting back in the game
Aug 4, 2014
Alberta
Well, my stock twins on my 1JZGTE are spent so I decided to remove them. I just spent the better part of a week removing them with the intent to put on a spare set I have however after spending way to much time removing the twins and having to use a Sawzall to cut some studs to get them off I have decided to go single turbo. With that said I could use some input from those with more knowledge than me.

I have pretty modest power goals. The peak power I'd like to achieve is about 450RWHP (i.e. I don't want to get a turbo that will do much more than that as I want as little lag as possible at 450RWHP). I am very much interested in getting a QSV installed eventually which means I need to have a divided housing (so I'm told). I've been researching the HY35 (he351Cw) turbo and it seems like the ticket for me as I do not want a turbo that's going to slam on late (hence the reason for getting the QSV to assist on keeping turbo lag to a minimum).

My question is, can the HY35(he351Cw) be purchased with a divided housing? I can't seem to find much information on this turbo to be honest (with respect to the housing and mounting interface). I'm trying to piece together a single turbo setup relatively quick so I apologize in advance if people feel I haven't searched hard enough...I know MDC has mentioned this turbo a lot as a great option for my horsepower range.

I just want to be sure it can be used with a QSV eventually.

Does this turbo come in both T3 & T4? Is T3 or T4 better? In my research I haven't found much info on a difference in the two performance wise...I know the QSV comes in both T3 &T4.

Those who have experience with this turbo, I'd love to hear from you as well, particularly on when the turbo spools up...

If people have other suggestions on what turbo to get I'm all ears (or eyes in this case).

Thanks in advance!

YYCSupra

Getting back in the game
Aug 4, 2014
Alberta
I'm somewhat confused, on eBay they seem to lump HY35W and he351Cw together (sometimes also grouping with HY35). If I were to buy one of these on eBay, how do I tell the difference (if there is any)? Also I cannot for the life of me find if it's a T4 or T3 connection...

YYCSupra

Getting back in the game
Aug 4, 2014
Alberta
I found one non-supra website that said that all Holset turbos are T3 hotside adapters (exhaust)...not sure if that's correct. Also from what I can see from pictures is that the HX35 is a divided housing (12cm^2) and the he351Cw is a non-divided housing (9cm^2). Doing a HX35 with a QSV would effectively make it a 6cm housing opening up until 9PSI or so (or if you have it set to open earlier). I would think that would create a very nice early boost. I would love to see a dyno sheet with that setup.

Last edited: