how do i know if im rich

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
Johnny Dangerously said:
If youre like Jayson and I...only thing rich about us is our cars :D

oddly enough..we have probably the most well running and most rich running cars IVE seen. We spew out the black smoke at high boost as if we were diesel trucks hauling illegals BACK to Mexico.

our cars are equipped to run rich stock...
'

and add me to that one... on the way back from 2k5 sean kept count of when i shifted and at what rpm i was at by how big the flame was and what color it was.

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
nice... you can shoot flames by venting your bov and having a hot exhaust... just shift slowly, and get back on the throttle

or you can boost up, push in the clutch and let off the gas, so you can coast, and then tap the gas. this will blow all the hot air/fuel mixuter out of the exhaust when the bov vents.

Anh

Apr 6, 2005
London
I'm worried that the TCCS thinks 10:1 ratio is acceptable.

According to Reg Reimer's information about the TCCS, the WOT "map" is self-adjustable depending on the map developed during closed loop cruising operation. If this is the case, then supras using stock fuel system should not run excessively rich providing all the sensors and pressures are within Toyota specification. But seeing some dynos of mild modded Supras, they are running 10:1 at best and you have to resort to some fuel computer or adjust the fuel pressure to get it to the mid 12's low 13's A/Fs.

Any more thoughts on this?

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
well thats just a broad generalizatoin about the self adjusting of long-term/stored fuel maps for the open loop operation.

i dynoed a 1JZ and a 7M, they BOTH went dead 10:1 AFR 1000rpm after spoolup, or peak torque rpm range. its a built in safety net from toyota. i had to tune both of these flat-lines out of the AFR's. i highly doubt the stock ecu is going to tune itself and get rid of the 10:1 AFR. if it did, toyota would have more 7M's and 1JZ's and 2JZ's with melted pistons and broken ring lands.