Here to learn about my next project!

Hayamate

Jul 29, 2006
Yuma, AZ/Fort Smith, AR
hi, my name is james, and as of now i'm getting tired of my honda and looking for something with more potential, something that i can build with my wife. i know, i know. i drive a prelude, but i'm not ashamed whatsoever. you can look here before you start pointing fingers. lol anyway, i've always loved the way the late 80's early 90's sports cars look, which is why i have a fascination with mkIII's, fc's and 3g preludes. at the time i'm only doing research on my next build, getting ready to make a lot more power than that honda can put out. i look forward to seeing you guys around, even though i'm just a lurker for now. but after my deployment (coming back in october) i'll end up with a supra of my own and money to spare.

thanks for having me! :icon_bigg

Last edited:

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Use the search feature if ever looking for a topic. There is a huge amount of info on this site already. If your search doesnt bring up anything, just ask.

Best of luck to you.

Hayamate

Jul 29, 2006
Yuma, AZ/Fort Smith, AR
i'm pretty familiar with being on car forums, so you shouldn't have much trouble with me. although this site is much bigger than preludepower.com, i'm sure i can find just what i need. thank you!

really looking forward to being an owner. geez, i guess i'm just kinda used to being one of the "top guys" in the prelude community, but now i feel like a wannabe. lol btw, if anyone in arizona wants to make a chassis donation, hit me up! :biglaugh:

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Welcome to SM and enjoy your supra (when you get it ) ,Its nice to hear your wife wants to be involved too:icon_razz John

Hayamate

Jul 29, 2006
Yuma, AZ/Fort Smith, AR
iraq, in a little place called CKV. it'll be my first time there, but i hear there's a lot to look forward to while over there[/sarcasm].

yeah, i'm amazed she's displaying any interest in it myself. actually, she's pretty amped, and she's even willing to learn to drive standard because she wants to race it as well. all the better. she shall learn much, as well as i.

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
Damn...as much as I dislike the old prelude body style...that one is pretty damn sick...
Welcome to the Supra addiction. Since no one else has said it upfront, As soon as you get it--start replacing hoses. Vacuum, coolant, etc...Just do it lol. Do all the BS preventative maintenance (plugs, wires, fuel, air) THEN get into the HP mods. I dunno how testy your 'lude was, but supra's are like women with PMS and a handgun...mixed with vodka. In other words, they're testy little bitches, so be nice to it! :)

Hayamate

Jul 29, 2006
Yuma, AZ/Fort Smith, AR
thanks, thanks. as much as i love the prelude, it's beginning to seem not so great everytime i see it unless i compare it with another honda. btw, i'm not a honda lover - i pretty much hate everything but the 3g prelude, which is completely different from the rest in many ways...

but anyways, thank you for the advice on the maintenence. i plan on buying one with a dying/blown engine so i can begin tearing it apart without hesitation. everything will be overlooked/replaced. i've also been considering a 1jz swap, if not a 2jz if i feel like spending the money - i think i'll want that extra .5 liter. we'll see in less than a year. may God grant me the patience.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
have fun with your project, and i kinda liked the honda rocking the 4x4 stance, makes it look more like a sleaper. doesnt matter what engine you decide on, or even if its a non toyota, as long as it makes you happy with the A70.