GReddy Type-RS BOV

S

ShouLinPanther

i say nay to you, get an SSQV it is the shizzle fo real, ok enough of that talk, the ssqv is very well designed and has a great sound and very responsive, i like it

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
youll probibly just be able to buy the bov itself. then buy a greddy flange and get it welded to a pipe. doubt they make a bolt on kit for it...or just go hks ssqv :) love mine too

SupraManDrew87

Picture Me Rollin
Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
Yep, just like he said. Buy the BOV, and almost anyone can get you a Greddy Flange. It uses the same flange as the Type S, but I think there are different sizes, which shouldn't matter too much. It's a simple install really. I think you should do it. It has a nice sound, and it'll be unique...for a while.

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
I have one but i haven't installed it yet. The flanges are universal. Theres the steel weld and aluminum weld. Get the flange that matches your hardpipes

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
SupraManDrew87 said:
Nope. The Type S has a high pitched laser like sound while the RS is just a nice WHOOOSH. I have a short vid w/ soundclip here.

id like to see it. im a little impatient to hear what it sounds like

SupraManDrew87

Picture Me Rollin
Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
Working link is up. CLick on the underlined "HERE" in the previous message.
I believe the BOV sounds a lot louder when driving, but the vid is revving at idle...so you can imagine the difference.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
i have the rs bov but havent driven w/ it yet. keep in mind in that video its at idle but more important its mounted on a rubber hose. sounds a lot diff when welded onto a hardpipe.
i thought it was the best valve for my application. its a 40mm valve in a compact design. a very good go between for the type s and the mack truck type r