Experience Shop/Mechanic_Louisiana Area

ghostu2

Oct 31, 2007
Louisiana
ong, LONG Story short. Great Car. Newly Imported JDM engine. Tasteful Mods by MKIII supra Standards. Car sat in good condition for close to 2 years. I seen it. Bought it. It had a HKS 1.2mm MHG ARP BOLTS. I wasn't aware of retorqueing the HEAD BOLTS AT 5,000 MILE break in since the car hadn't seen that since the engine had just been installed. I had head lift after I got off interstate from driving briskly. Coolant overflowing in overflow bottle. Took the car to a local guy who said he would resurface the head and install new MHG. The process took way too long at this persons house.

I picked my car up with him claiming he installed a resurfaced head. The car temp still ran over to Hot and temp fluctuated. I let the car sit at friends garage from october 2008 until february 2009. drove the car on 2-8 -09 for the first time from my friends garage to home briskly. CAR TEMP STAYED COMPLETELY NORMAL, but when I got on the gas the car would hesitate drastically but I think thats another issue from the guy not putting hoses etc.. back like they were. Any way I am tired of the guessing game and need SOMEONE/SHOP OR MECHANIC TRULY EXPERIENCED WITH THE SUP IN THE BATON ROUGE AREA OR 50 MILE RADIUS. I WILL PAY FOR YOUR TIME AND EXPERIENCED IF MY CAR IS DONE RIGHT!!!!!

I DROVE IT HOME AND IT JUST DIDN'T FEEL RIGHT GIVING UP ON IT AND TRYING TO SELL IT BECAUSE SOMEONE SET ME BACK WHO CLAIMED THEY KNEW THERE STUFF.

I GUESS THIS WAS A LONG, LONG STORY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LONG SORRY BUT I NEED HELP RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE

new88sup4me

Jan 25, 2009
Texas For now
Hey .....real easy...Clean the engine compartment...pull the head.....take it to a machine shop, have them check it for flatness...if it comes back good, bolt it back in, if not, ask them if they can "deck it..of if you need a new one.
Should take you a few hours, and a craftsman 200 piece metric tool set to do it yourself.....and you know you can ask us for help to get it done right
>:)

new88sup4me

Jan 25, 2009
Texas For now
new88sup4me;1244196 said:
Hey .....real easy...Clean the engine compartment...pull the head.....take it to a machine shop, have them check it for flatness...if it comes back good, bolt it back in, if not, ask them if they can "deck it..of if you need a new one.
Should take you a few hours, and a craftsman 200 piece metric tool set to do it yourself.....and you know you can ask us for help to get it done right

ghostu2

Oct 31, 2007
Louisiana
new88sup4me;1244196 said:

Car seems to running fine now, I just need to fix some other small issues.