Emergency HELP! Stuck in Lewisville! Car started messing up on my trip from Texarkana

wizeguy707

Nov 3, 2008
Texarkana, TX
So, I was cruisin along today no issues or hard driving. I came to a complete stop, and the car started idling a little rough. I checked all guages, temp, and oil. Everything looked find. I took off from the stop, and got a bogged down take off. It seemed to level off around 3000rpms in third, so I held that comin down a 35mph street back to the house. I turned three corners no problem, and then the alley to the street. The bogging down happened again. I noticed a little bit of smoke as well until the engine leveled off again. I pulled in and popped the hood. The car seemed to be holding it's regular rpm idle, but the engine seemed to be moving quite a bit in the engine bay. I reached over and gave it some gas. The open wastegate on the ddp spewed white smoke with a little black mixture. I need help on diagnosing this quick guys. I have to be back in Texarkana, TX tomorrow at 4pm to work. I'm in lewisville now, so if anyone's close gime a shout. 903-748-1447

Last edited:

wizeguy707

Nov 3, 2008
Texarkana, TX
Oil is clear and coolant looks good. There is some kind of liquid coming from the wastegate. I cant tell if the fluid is carbon colored coolant or an oil mixture???

UPDATE: Let the car cool. then tried to start. Gave off a tiny bit of smoke this time, but the idle was back perfect with no signs of hesitation. Still wondering???

Last edited: