EManage ultimate Limitations

quickstudy

Jan 16, 2012
Ann Arbor, MI
Installed EMU on 89 w/7mGTE and lexus AFM, but I didn't anticipate a few setup choices, can't find info, etc., and I'm wondering if anyone is still on here that has used this system.

My question: is it compatible with the Karmen Vortex or do you have to convert to MAP sensor to use EMU?
the software menu for the EMU setup program does not give a choice for toyota karmen vortex, only mitsubishi, so is any setting appropriate for my engine? Any other suggestions for software setup parameters much appreciated.

I searched a lot before installing, got the ignition signal mod installed, and saw a lot of info on jumper settings to give me things to play with.

Right now it cranks but just won't fire up, but starts fine when I bypass the EMU by reconnecting the engine harness wires that were cut during the installation.

Thanks!

SeeUSmile

Nov 22, 2012
Australia,Victoria,Melbourne
You can use it with the mitsubishi karmen. They roughly the same, what I like about mitsubishi's karmen setup is that they read a wider range than ours.

Might conisder doing a project running 7m with a 3000gt ecu.

quickstudy

Jan 16, 2012
Ann Arbor, MI
SeeUSmile;1974213 said:
You can use it with the mitsubishi karmen. They roughly the same, what I like about mitsubishi's karmen setup is that they read a wider range than ours.

Might conisder doing a project running 7m with a 3000gt ecu.

MUCH appreciated, thank you. I saw that last night on an archived forum post, but was unsure about the signal compatibility with the audio rather than light sensor. Thanks for confirming that. SOme of the information on EMU with the 7M is getting to be so old that it's hard to find on active forums. If I can get mine running I will summarize what I did and update the forum for those who come after, but I want to make sure I have correct info before posting. My next challenge is the crank angle signal setup parameter, which offers choices TY_1 to TY_5. It seems most pre94 toyotas default to TY_1 so I'm trying that. I do have info on jumper settings, hardwire connections, and the circuit to spoof the IgF signal. So far it isn't, starting, though.

Good luck with the 3000GT ECU! I wouldn't mind trying an ODBII ECU.

quickstudy

Jan 16, 2012
Ann Arbor, MI
No, we don't. I thought it was referring to the Cam Position Sensor for a moment. Actually I have the NE signal wired in as the crank angle sensor to EMU pin 33, and the G1 signal going to the Cam Angle input at pin 39. I found that on some wiring sheet circulating many years ago on the EMU thread, here I believe. It allegedly came from Greddy originally, but no info on the software setup to go with it. I just got an auto reply today from briand@greddy.com, saying he was out of the office until a month ago and to email him when he is back in town. Hey, at least there was some sign of life there! Strange, because i sent the message a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

'90mk3

Apr 9, 2014
Orlando, Fl
Did you ever get the e-manage ultimate to work properly with the 7mgte? I found a good deal on a used EMU and was wondering if its worth getting. I have a 1990 supra turbo.