electronic help for video system

jester1341

topless and blown
Mar 30, 2005
Western Maryland
thought this would be the best place to post these few questions...

*first off the plan is to remove the climate control unit[done] since my heatercore leaks i bypassed it and will eventually remove the dead weight and with two windows and no roof who needs air conditioning?:dunno: ?
*mount my SONY CDMX640[i think] in it's place[done]
*mount a small computer in the glove box where my MAFT-PRO will be located[computer in the mail]
*mount screen in the double din whole for tuning and dataloging

the questions....

is there a special way i should route power to the computer or can i just get a DC-to-AC converter from radio shack and it will work fine?
next i have two RCA outs[not counting the sub channel] on my head unit and only one in[where my changer is pluged in].....soooooo how do i get the computer to play sound thru the stereo[yano incase i'm not data loging or tuning and i might wanna play some mp3s]

that is all i have right now, i'm sure i'll think of something else though

john

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
jester1341 said:
thought this would be the best place to post these few questions...

*first off the plan is to remove the climate control unit[done] since my heatercore leaks i bypassed it and will eventually remove the dead weight and with two windows and no roof who needs air conditioning?:dunno: ?
*mount my SONY CDMX640[i think] in it's place[done]
*mount a small computer in the glove box where my MAFT-PRO will be located[computer in the mail]
*mount screen in the double din whole for tuning and dataloging

the questions....

is there a special way i should route power to the computer or can i just get a DC-to-AC converter from radio shack and it will work fine?
next i have two RCA outs[not counting the sub channel] on my head unit and only one in[where my changer is pluged in].....soooooo how do i get the computer to play sound thru the stereo[yano incase i'm not data loging or tuning and i might wanna play some mp3s]

that is all i have right now, i'm sure i'll think of something else though

john

Does your head unit have an aux input? (like a headphone jack?) Most head unit's now a days have em... then you can just get a male to male headphone type cord and connect the computer to the head unit..

Or you could ghetto rig something like a y... so split the rca input connection on your head unit and get a headphone to rca adapter to go from your computer to the head unit and you can also hook up your cd changer at the same time...

jester1341

topless and blown
Mar 30, 2005
Western Maryland
yeah all the "ghetto rigs" have crossed my mind and no i do not have the in-jack

it just boggles my mind that the head unit would have only one in and three outs[F, R, and Sub]

now...i believe[have to check manual for head] there was a "controler" box so you could have video sound a MD changer and a CD changer....maybe i should look into that....hmmmm

john

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
There is a company called Data 911 . They make 12 volt power supllies for computers with surge and ripple control. Its what they use in police cars.