Dumb shit your friends or other Honda owners say to you.

cinderMK3

I want all the HAm
Apr 13, 2015
Akron Iowa
So, If anyone has that one friend that just makes you shake your head with some of the nonsense he spews out lay it out.

some back story
Friend picks up a Civic (what ever, nothing wrong with that; just all what is about to follow fits the stereo type)
calls me on the way to my house after buying his civic. "OHmy god man its sick so awesome has rims on it!"
ookay? - I say
HE states-"There a few things I want you to help me tune up" (meaning he wants me to fix his car)

So 20 min go buy and I hear this horrible loud Farty Exhaust just ripping up the tiny town I live in.
"oh sweet Jesus no" - I whisper to myself

Sure enough here comes the civic into my driveway and he continues to rev the most awful sounding thing I've heard in a while.

"Check it out!" he says, "Its a 24 DOHC whatever that means!"

I walk around the car, Looks clean
I see on the bottom runners 24 Valve DOHC
I say " It has dual over head cams"

So I pop the hood,

"Hey dude I hate to break it to you but those are just stickers" I mutter to him, as I stand staring at a single cam V-tec engine

so the car was sold to him with the Idea of a DOHC but not even close- Strike 1

"And" - he said
"It's leaking out of the rear main I was told, can you help me fix that?" Strike 2

After I explain yes but it will take more than the time I have available at the moment he goes into a crazy rant on how he going to mod this mod that
all the while I'm kind of half shit eating grinning because of all the Honda jokes that run around here, I'm enjoying this situation thoroughly. I then hear him spout ...
Hey Dusty...Let me have your old turbo off the supra, my car will be crazy with it, and its just 4 bolts right?

Strike 3

"You need to leave" I told him jokingly

Ah good times. Was my first fun time with seeing what Hondas do to people up close and personal

Billybob9187

Mar 9, 2015
Stockton Ca
Yeah just have him go down to the junk yard and get another 7mgte manifold this way if he wants to bolt on 2 more cylinders he is covered lol.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Eh, I think it's just a young clueless kid excited about his first tuner car. Put him in any car, including a MKIII Supra, and he'd probably still spout out silly stuff about performance. He just doesn't know anything about cars.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Everybody has to start somewhere, some of us are just lucky enough to get started when we are 4 years old....

Unfortunately he started with the wrong car............the mkiii is not the right car either though.

cinderMK3

I want all the HAm
Apr 13, 2015
Akron Iowa
I say kid because I'm a family man with kids and he a single 24 yr old.
He has had multiple cars. He is also just a knob sometimes.
Love the kid I just thought the situation was funny.
Little goofy situations like that are fun to reflect on.
Anyone have similar stories?

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Had a guy in a slammed 80's accord ask me at a show if mine was a twin turbo, hood was open right in front of us mind you. When I said no he said oh.........that sucks huh............:nono:

I just replied quality over quantity...................he didn't get it.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Suprapowaz!(2);2058307 said:
Eh, I think it's just a young clueless kid excited about his first tuner car. Put him in any car, including a MKIII Supra, and he'd probably still spout out silly stuff about performance. He just doesn't know anything about cars.

You're right, you see it with any car that they get. Whether it's a mustang, civic, pickup, or Supra.

GC89;2058315 said:
Everybody has to start somewhere, some of us are just lucky enough to get started when we are 4 years old....

Unfortunately he started with the wrong car............the mkiii is not the right car either though.

Yeah growing up in a car oriented family definitely helps, I'm the go to car person in my group of friends and have been for a long time now. Not all of us are bad with a MK3 as a first car though, mine was and I didn't do anything dumb. Everyone wanted me to though...

GC89;2058343 said:
Had a guy in a slammed 80's accord ask me at a show if mine was a twin turbo, hood was open right in front of us mind you. When I said no he said oh.........that sucks huh............:nono:

I just replied quality over quantity...................he didn't get it.

I got sick of these questions from the kids with the backwards hats on driving Daddy's $50k truck so I just started telling them mine was a twin turbo 6-speed haha