Didn't know this part of the forums existed...

veedubin

Official SM Decals
Wow, I've been a member of SM for something around 5 years (I think) and never new the regional forums existed. And after seeing the forum for this region... it's no wonder. Holy dead forum - I knew I was one of the only people in my neck of the woods with a MKIII, but c'mon. Were is every one?? :icon_conf LOL

Anyways, my name is David, I currentley live in Denver, PA. About 25 minutes North of Lancaster city, and 15 minutes south of Reading City. If you are local, hit me up. My car is down for a swap right now, but would love to find other Supra owners nearby.

veedubin

Official SM Decals
SpoolinSupra;1836905 said:
Im up in the wyoming valley- WB/Scranton area. There are practically no MKIII's up here at all, I'm just wrappin up a 2JZ swap myself.

Awesome! I don't usually get out that way, but if I do I'll look you up.

What 2J are you putting in?

Sent from my LG-P504 using Tapatalk 2

SpoolinSupra

Jul 5, 2006
Wyoming Valley, PA
www.myspace.com
It started as a basic 2JZ swap. Then went to 'well, why not slap a GT40 on it?' to 'well now i need bigger injectors, why not go with 1000's?' to 'well, a walbro wont cut it, so why not build a complete fuel system from scratch using giant lines, and an A1000 pump with a custom sumped tank?' Shit's gettin outta control already. how much work is left to do with your swap?

veedubin

Official SM Decals
SpoolinSupra;1837378 said:
how much work is left to do with your swap?

Not a whole lot. Just finished the Exhaust Mani. Still need to Fab a down pipe, 1 ic pipe, throttle cable, and a few wires inside. Then start it, tune it, inspection, alignment, and Viola! So much easier to say than do LOL

Sent from my LG-P504 using Tapatalk 2

Tsupra04

Supra Number 5
Aug 7, 2011
Stewartstown, PA
Hey guys - thought I would post since I am local to veedubin.....I live in Stewartstown (southern York county). I have a '91 Turbo, mostly stock, about to start a 7M rebuild (got a tapping wrist pin and mildly blown HG). I have owned 5 different Supras over the years, but am finally at a point in life where my current one is a toy, not a daily. Anyway, very interested in seeing who is around to swap ideas, advice, etc. I could not make the Philly meet this year, but if we were able to get enough guys, would like to try and organize a smaller meet. Maybe see if we can find people in the DC-Balt-Delaware-NJ area?

veedubin

Official SM Decals
Tsupra04;1846592 said:
Hey guys - thought I would post since I am local to veedubin.....I live in Stewartstown (southern York county). I have a '91 Turbo, mostly stock, about to start a 7M rebuild (got a tapping wrist pin and mildly blown HG). I have owned 5 different Supras over the years, but am finally at a point in life where my current one is a toy, not a daily. Anyway, very interested in seeing who is around to swap ideas, advice, etc. I could not make the Philly meet this year, but if we were able to get enough guys, would like to try and organize a smaller meet. Maybe see if we can find people in the DC-Balt-Delaware-NJ area?

Hey look at this; another one comes out of the woodwork. LOL

I wasn't able to make it to philly either, but I think a smaller meet would be awesome. Sorry to hear about the 7M issues.... If you need advice or something, hit me up. I don't know everything, but I've had 3 7M's (in the same car) and know just about everything that you shouldn't do... :nono: I will however share this one little peice of advice with you: ditch the 7M and drop a 2J in..... Best advice I ever got; best decision I ever made as well. :naughty: LOL

On a side note, I have a crap load of 7M GTE stuff that I need to get rid of. Full long block, internals, all accessories,sensors, etc... If you need something Let me know.

Tsupra04

Supra Number 5
Aug 7, 2011
Stewartstown, PA
Funny - there is actually a '91 for sale with a 1J/2J combination already installed for $9500 in York. Thought his price was a little high, but the car has a good amount of stuff on it. I was toying with the idea...just caught between wanting a maintainable, reliable fun car for sunny days and a beast that will bring more headaches and speeding tickets. Of course, you know which way that could go.

And thanks for the offer - I very well may be in touch soon, especially if I decide to keep the 7M setup.