cutting out and backfiring at 2200rpm

Started having an issue where the car will cut out and back fire between 2000-2500 rpm. it happens in every gear no matter the throttle position.
need advice on what to start trouble shooting.
Ive checked codes and only have code 34 and know thats no the cause of this. Im pretty sure its something with the ignition.
7mgte, CPS is about a year old and about 500 miles on it.
BWs362. DET3, 560cc injectors, afpr

https://www.facebook.com/daniel.gillean.7/videos/10154048212819669/

This is a video I took of it on the highway in 5th gear. at one point i WOT it and nothing changes

SO today I replaced the CPS, Ignitor, Coil pack, Coil pack ground wire and ran to the battery and its still the same. Ive gone over the wiring and all my piggyback wiring and Ive had no luck. Ive got another ECU to try and im gonna order a new TPS. I just dont know what to do.

So I just did the 2jzge swap, used the 7m harness and ecu. Its still happening. I havent done any diag on it yet but I changed to vvti ge coils and removed the 7m coil pack connector and Denso 4 wire o2 sensor. and its still there. When I get the car back from exhaust shop will dig into it more. wondering if its in the tune or injectors.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
So I just did the 2jzge swap, used the 7m harness and ecu. Its still happening. I havent done any diag on it yet but I changed to vvti ge coils and removed the 7m coil pack connector and Denso 4 wire o2 sensor. and its still there. When I get the car back from exhaust shop will dig into it more. wondering if its in the tune or injectors.

Are you still using the 7m CPS sensor? How are the grounds on the cylinder block and cylinder head?

Im running an AFPR and it does it at all loads. The fuel pump resistor has been bypassed for diag reasons also pertaining to this problem. The fuel pressure seems to be alright at idle and free revving but i dont have a gauge inside to monitor it while driving. I plan to upgrade the pump soon to a aeromotive 340 or the mkiv TT pump.