Cheating on the supra

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Looks like fun. Can you still get sticky tires small enough for that thing?

WillWorkFoBoost

that guy
Sep 1, 2009
Maine
haha yea those are 14s and theres plenty of options there, however I was looking for 13s originally and tirerack has either bias ply trailer tires or r-comps and nothing in between haha. Hoping to get a better axle under it sometime soon, shes open right now.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I'm finding I have the same problem with the Mk2 and it's 14" P-type wheels. Light as hell, so I really like them, but tire choices are somewhat limited for a (relatively) wide wheel.

Buddy of mine has an old Corolla that he's sticking a 6m into, kinda reminds me of your car. :) Got some details on yours?

WillWorkFoBoost

that guy
Sep 1, 2009
Maine
single cam ka with arias pistons .50 over, just boosted it a couple months ago, 10 lbs on a t04e. Just using rx7 440s, maxima maf, and safc at the moment.
I also know where theres a 78 corolla in a barn nearby where I live, thinking of picking it up in the spring and putting a 7m in it =)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
WillWorkFoBoost;1898507 said:
single cam ka with arias pistons .50 over, just boosted it a couple months ago, 10 lbs on a t04e. Just using rx7 440s, maxima maf, and safc at the moment.
I also know where theres a 78 corolla in a barn nearby where I live, thinking of picking it up in the spring and putting a 7m in it =)
Very nice, definitely looks like a hoot. A local guy has an S12 with a similar setup if I remember correctly. As for that Corolla, if it's an E7x car, you're going to have a hell of a fun time fitting a 7m in there. I had mine at the same time I had my 88 Supra, did some measuring, and the engine (7m) length was nearly as long as the bay itself. If it were me, I'd put an aluminum V8 under the hood, for three reasons: weight, balance, and it would drive the power:weight ratio through the roof, they were such light cars...

empera;1898536 said:
that's what im hoping for...hehe...without it breaking
..or twisting in half. I would recommend making a cage as a sort of exo-skeleton given your naughty plans. ;)

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
WillWorkFoBoost;1898507 said:
sounds like fun!